Whether we like it or not, there is a learning curve to mom blogging.  No one's perfect and that means sometimes we make mistakes. What is the biggest mistake you've ever made as a blogger?

You must be a member to read or contribute to this discussion.

Views: 1512

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i am having such a hard time learning blogger. i think i may look into wordpress

Kristen said:

Starting on Blogger. I definitely learned a great deal and Blogger is an awesome publishing tool. So much more can be done with Wordpress though...and my blog (and posts) are more easily found now.

omg! my in laws are the same but its the sister in laws LOL i think my blog would be doing a lot better if i could share with all my facebook friends but they stalk me on facebook and twitter lol its so frustrating haha

Sonja Harmon said:

I wouldn't have told my (ex) Mother in Law. She is constantly stalks it and tells everyone, everything.While I know that it's a "public" blog it still bothers me that she doesn't have anything better to do haha!

I feel the same way. I look at my fellow bloggers and I just think - how do you do it!? Do you have a little typing fairy in your pocket you whisper all your ideas to and while you sleep she edits them into discernible and intriguing content? Clearly its the only explanation I can come up. 

Karissa M said:

I totally agree Danielle. I am so overwhelmed with blogging! I work hours every day on it, and feel exhausted. This is not what it was like in the beginning, and this is not what I want out of it! It should be for fun not something I feel obligated to do! Sometimes I feel like I am on top of it and loving it, but other times I feel like I am neglecting my life and family! It is a hard balance ... how do you all balance your blog so it doesn't take up all the other important parts of your life?!?!?

Danielle Maynard said:
I think the biggest mistake that I have made as a blogger is spreading myself to thin. I am currently eating, sleeping and breathing blogging which I think has taken away from the very thing that I blog about, being a mom. I feel like I have devoted so much time to this venture that I have very little time to anything else. I know that to become successful I have to devote time to it especially since it is new. My hard work has really paid off but I have to find the time to balance all of my responsibilities with updating my blog.

Danielle at The Mommy Chronicles

Taking on low-paying sponsored posts :(

I still regret it to this day.

On the former blog I wrote I used to give my opinions on everything from politics to celebrities to religion. And I found that for me, that is a big no no.

Talk about getting slammed! I learned through that experience to keep my mouth shut. No one needs to know all those things about you nor do they want to. Relate to people on the topic of your blog and leave it to that if you want readership and a following (unless of course, your blog is about one of those things specifically).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service