Cultivate Theme

Latest Activity

Tamar Blazer left a comment for Mom Bloggers Club
2 hours ago
Mom Bloggers Club left a comment for Christina Vanhaerents
6 hours ago
Mom Bloggers Club liked Isabel Fidelino's profile
6 hours ago
Mom Bloggers Club left a comment for Isabel Fidelino
6 hours ago
Mom Bloggers Club liked Sandra Elliot's profile
6 hours ago
Mom Bloggers Club left a comment for Sandra Elliot
6 hours ago
Mom Bloggers Club liked Stephelis's profile
6 hours ago
Mom Bloggers Club left a comment for Stephelis
6 hours ago

OUR BLOG

Hoarding: When Too Much is Truly Too Much

We’re all quite aware of what clutter is and how it can not only adversely affect how our household functions, but also how it can also have a negative impact on our health. But this isn’t the full extent of how bad things can actually get.…

How to Support Children after a Diabetes Diagnosis

Throughout the world, several hundred thousand children and teens are diagnosed with either Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. It is a prevalent disease, impacting an estimated 200,000…

Diagnosing Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy in Children

Creating an environment where children remain healthy and happy is not always within a parent’s control, particularly during their early years. Medical issues may cause a variety of concerns for parents and their children that are both difficult to diagnose and a challenge to treat with…

Whether we like it or not, there is a learning curve to mom blogging.  No one's perfect and that means sometimes we make mistakes. What is the biggest mistake you've ever made as a blogger?

You must be a member to read or contribute to this discussion.

Views: 1837

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When it comes to blogging, there is no such things as mistakes!! It's your blog. I am not one to hold back, I am honest and forward. It is my blog :P


Christine C. said:
When it comes to blogging, there is no such things as mistakes!! It's your blog. I am not one to hold back, I am honest and forward. It is my blog :P

I think if we never admit we've made a mistake, we are not as open to improving. Not saying one should beat oneself up about them, but we all make mistakes, however minor, and having a sense of humor about them is, I think, important.
I just do not understand how we make mistakes when we are voicing ourselves. We shouldn't pretend to be perfect in our blogs when we are not. Voice reality and just be ourselves. We may offend people along the way, but God didn't make us all the same, so there is guaranteed a hand full of people out there that will not like anything said on our blogs. There is no such things as mistakes, just things that happened for a reason that we learn from. A saying I live by... Everything happens for a reason. Don't dwell on the bad. Prosper on the success that came after!

Serene Vannoy said:


Christine C. said:
When it comes to blogging, there is no such things as mistakes!! It's your blog. I am not one to hold back, I am honest and forward. It is my blog :P

I think if we never admit we've made a mistake, we are not as open to improving. Not saying one should beat oneself up about them, but we all make mistakes, however minor, and having a sense of humor about them is, I think, important.
I completely disagree, but that's the cool thing about the world; we're all different. :-)



Christine C. said:
I just do not understand how we make mistakes when we are voicing ourselves. We shouldn't pretend to be perfect in our blogs when we are not. Voice reality and just be ourselves. We may offend people along the way, but God didn't make us all the same, so there is guaranteed a hand full of people out there that will not like anything said on our blogs. There is no such things as mistakes, just things that happened for a reason that we learn from. A saying I live by... Everything happens for a reason. Don't dwell on the bad. Prosper on the success that came after!

Serene Vannoy said:


Christine C. said:
When it comes to blogging, there is no such things as mistakes!! It's your blog. I am not one to hold back, I am honest and forward. It is my blog :P

I think if we never admit we've made a mistake, we are not as open to improving. Not saying one should beat oneself up about them, but we all make mistakes, however minor, and having a sense of humor about them is, I think, important.
The world would be a boring place if everyone was the same!

Serene Vannoy said:
I completely disagree, but that's the cool thing about the world; we're all different. :-)



Christine C. said:
I just do not understand how we make mistakes when we are voicing ourselves. We shouldn't pretend to be perfect in our blogs when we are not. Voice reality and just be ourselves. We may offend people along the way, but God didn't make us all the same, so there is guaranteed a hand full of people out there that will not like anything said on our blogs. There is no such things as mistakes, just things that happened for a reason that we learn from. A saying I live by... Everything happens for a reason. Don't dwell on the bad. Prosper on the success that came after!

Serene Vannoy said:


Christine C. said:
When it comes to blogging, there is no such things as mistakes!! It's your blog. I am not one to hold back, I am honest and forward. It is my blog :P

I think if we never admit we've made a mistake, we are not as open to improving. Not saying one should beat oneself up about them, but we all make mistakes, however minor, and having a sense of humor about them is, I think, important.
I take on too many reviews all the time and then feel really stressed out. I am now trying to remind myself only to take opps that are relevant and that my readers will be interested in.
Wow - some great tips on here... what a great thread. I love learning from others' experiences.

I'm new to the blogging world. All the same, I think one of my biggest mistakes was writing and posting too much all at once. I've learned to save my posts for "dry spells".
My biggest mistake: Jokingly offering up my mother-in-law as a giveaway. OK, I was being passive-aggressive. I didn't think she'd find out. But my sister-in-law told her and she was ticked. Worse part: Now I'll never be able to give her away on my blog.
not going directly to Wordpress. Now it's just a matter of a financial impact to make the switch properly and professionally.blogger has been great but I really think Wordpress would take us to where we've been trying to go for months.
assuming people would just.....find me on the web. Yeah, right!

Also, I agree with the long breaks one. People are well, busy and understand life's pauses.

The Busy Chick
www.thebusychick.com
I totally agree Danielle. I am so overwhelmed with blogging! I work hours every day on it, and feel exhausted. This is not what it was like in the beginning, and this is not what I want out of it! It should be for fun not something I feel obligated to do! Sometimes I feel like I am on top of it and loving it, but other times I feel like I am neglecting my life and family! It is a hard balance ... how do you all balance your blog so it doesn't take up all the other important parts of your life?!?!?



Danielle Maynard said:
I think the biggest mistake that I have made as a blogger is spreading myself to thin. I am currently eating, sleeping and breathing blogging which I think has taken away from the very thing that I blog about, being a mom. I feel like I have devoted so much time to this venture that I have very little time to anything else. I know that to become successful I have to devote time to it especially since it is new. My hard work has really paid off but I have to find the time to balance all of my responsibilities with updating my blog.

Danielle at The Mommy Chronicles
Hit a nerve with people?


Jenny said:
ditto on this. xD and it was recent. i think it drove my readers away. oh well.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service