Advertisement

FOLLOW US

OUR BLOG

Best Blinds for Families

Keeping a neat, tidy, and beautiful home can be a challenge when you have kids, but it can be done. You just have to be smart about how you decorate.

For example, leather furniture is much easier to clean than suede, and…

Eating After a Lip Lift

A lip lift is an operation that modifies the appearance of the lips to a more appealing one. It reshapes them to enhance the facial area above the lips. Most people who undergo this procedure usually have an elongated gap between their noses and lips and want to make the…

Latest Activity

Profile IconDana Truitt, Marissa Jordan, SHAKIEMA HARRIS and 2 more joined Mom Bloggers Club
1 hour ago
Mom Bloggers Club posted blog posts
2 hours ago
Jessica Briggs posted blog posts
5 hours ago
Ivana Poku commented on Linda Gries's blog post 'How to stay safe during your plastic surgery procedure'
11 hours ago
Ivana Poku posted a blog post
11 hours ago
Susan Keefe posted a blog post
11 hours ago
Kate Duffell posted a blog post
11 hours ago
Kate Duffell posted a status
"Safety in routines One of the common traits of Asperger’s is a need for routines and knowing what’s happening next.  Like any traits of Aut"
11 hours ago

OUR DAILY PINS

Advertisements

Whether we like it or not, there is a learning curve to mom blogging.  No one's perfect and that means sometimes we make mistakes. What is the biggest mistake you've ever made as a blogger?

You must be a member to read or contribute to this discussion.

Views: 1829

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When it comes to blogging, there is no such things as mistakes!! It's your blog. I am not one to hold back, I am honest and forward. It is my blog :P


Christine C. said:
When it comes to blogging, there is no such things as mistakes!! It's your blog. I am not one to hold back, I am honest and forward. It is my blog :P

I think if we never admit we've made a mistake, we are not as open to improving. Not saying one should beat oneself up about them, but we all make mistakes, however minor, and having a sense of humor about them is, I think, important.
I just do not understand how we make mistakes when we are voicing ourselves. We shouldn't pretend to be perfect in our blogs when we are not. Voice reality and just be ourselves. We may offend people along the way, but God didn't make us all the same, so there is guaranteed a hand full of people out there that will not like anything said on our blogs. There is no such things as mistakes, just things that happened for a reason that we learn from. A saying I live by... Everything happens for a reason. Don't dwell on the bad. Prosper on the success that came after!

Serene Vannoy said:


Christine C. said:
When it comes to blogging, there is no such things as mistakes!! It's your blog. I am not one to hold back, I am honest and forward. It is my blog :P

I think if we never admit we've made a mistake, we are not as open to improving. Not saying one should beat oneself up about them, but we all make mistakes, however minor, and having a sense of humor about them is, I think, important.
I completely disagree, but that's the cool thing about the world; we're all different. :-)



Christine C. said:
I just do not understand how we make mistakes when we are voicing ourselves. We shouldn't pretend to be perfect in our blogs when we are not. Voice reality and just be ourselves. We may offend people along the way, but God didn't make us all the same, so there is guaranteed a hand full of people out there that will not like anything said on our blogs. There is no such things as mistakes, just things that happened for a reason that we learn from. A saying I live by... Everything happens for a reason. Don't dwell on the bad. Prosper on the success that came after!

Serene Vannoy said:


Christine C. said:
When it comes to blogging, there is no such things as mistakes!! It's your blog. I am not one to hold back, I am honest and forward. It is my blog :P

I think if we never admit we've made a mistake, we are not as open to improving. Not saying one should beat oneself up about them, but we all make mistakes, however minor, and having a sense of humor about them is, I think, important.
The world would be a boring place if everyone was the same!

Serene Vannoy said:
I completely disagree, but that's the cool thing about the world; we're all different. :-)



Christine C. said:
I just do not understand how we make mistakes when we are voicing ourselves. We shouldn't pretend to be perfect in our blogs when we are not. Voice reality and just be ourselves. We may offend people along the way, but God didn't make us all the same, so there is guaranteed a hand full of people out there that will not like anything said on our blogs. There is no such things as mistakes, just things that happened for a reason that we learn from. A saying I live by... Everything happens for a reason. Don't dwell on the bad. Prosper on the success that came after!

Serene Vannoy said:


Christine C. said:
When it comes to blogging, there is no such things as mistakes!! It's your blog. I am not one to hold back, I am honest and forward. It is my blog :P

I think if we never admit we've made a mistake, we are not as open to improving. Not saying one should beat oneself up about them, but we all make mistakes, however minor, and having a sense of humor about them is, I think, important.
I take on too many reviews all the time and then feel really stressed out. I am now trying to remind myself only to take opps that are relevant and that my readers will be interested in.
Wow - some great tips on here... what a great thread. I love learning from others' experiences.

I'm new to the blogging world. All the same, I think one of my biggest mistakes was writing and posting too much all at once. I've learned to save my posts for "dry spells".
My biggest mistake: Jokingly offering up my mother-in-law as a giveaway. OK, I was being passive-aggressive. I didn't think she'd find out. But my sister-in-law told her and she was ticked. Worse part: Now I'll never be able to give her away on my blog.
not going directly to Wordpress. Now it's just a matter of a financial impact to make the switch properly and professionally.blogger has been great but I really think Wordpress would take us to where we've been trying to go for months.
assuming people would just.....find me on the web. Yeah, right!

Also, I agree with the long breaks one. People are well, busy and understand life's pauses.

The Busy Chick
www.thebusychick.com
I totally agree Danielle. I am so overwhelmed with blogging! I work hours every day on it, and feel exhausted. This is not what it was like in the beginning, and this is not what I want out of it! It should be for fun not something I feel obligated to do! Sometimes I feel like I am on top of it and loving it, but other times I feel like I am neglecting my life and family! It is a hard balance ... how do you all balance your blog so it doesn't take up all the other important parts of your life?!?!?



Danielle Maynard said:
I think the biggest mistake that I have made as a blogger is spreading myself to thin. I am currently eating, sleeping and breathing blogging which I think has taken away from the very thing that I blog about, being a mom. I feel like I have devoted so much time to this venture that I have very little time to anything else. I know that to become successful I have to devote time to it especially since it is new. My hard work has really paid off but I have to find the time to balance all of my responsibilities with updating my blog.

Danielle at The Mommy Chronicles
Hit a nerve with people?


Jenny said:
ditto on this. xD and it was recent. i think it drove my readers away. oh well.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service