Whether we like it or not, there is a learning curve to mom blogging.  No one's perfect and that means sometimes we make mistakes. What is the biggest mistake you've ever made as a blogger?

You must be a member to read or contribute to this discussion.

Views: 1622

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On the former blog I wrote I used to give my opinions on everything from politics to celebrities to religion. And I found that for me, that is a big no no.

Talk about getting slammed! I learned through that experience to keep my mouth shut. No one needs to know all those things about you nor do they want to. Relate to people on the topic of your blog and leave it to that if you want readership and a following (unless of course, your blog is about one of those things specifically).

Not sticking to the first blog I ever started, it's the only blog-moment I regret.

Spending way too much time using Blogger.com as my platform before switching to WordPress. It's a pain to learn at first, but worth it ladies.

Not watermarking my images.  I had an image pinned on pinterest and consultants starting using it as their own…and linking it to their business sites.  I still get very frustrated thinking about it, but lesson learned.  

I think the biggest mistake I've made is completely shutting down some of my social media (mostly Facebook) and newsletter when I "quit" blogging. I had over 200 subscribers and over 4000 Facebook followers. At that time, my family was going through a lot of hardship and I just felt like I couldn't continue blogging. Well, about 3 months in, I started missing my blog & followers, and decided to start up again. The hard part? I had to regain my FB followers (which I haven't even reached 500 yet) and my newsletter subscribers (haven't hit 70). It killed my readership, but luckily, I am working my way up again.... slowly.

RSS

FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA

Blog Prompt

Question of the Day

TGIF! Do You Have a Fun Night Planned?

What's in store for your Friday night?