Whether we like it or not, there is a learning curve to mom blogging.  No one's perfect and that means sometimes we make mistakes. What is the biggest mistake you've ever made as a blogger?

You must be a member to read or contribute to this discussion.

Views: 1588

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am new to blogging, but im been involved in moms group website that have forums.  I been very positive with other moms and it drove moms away...

1. BLOGGER - I love it but now I am wanting to change over and it is harder than I could ever imagine.

2. Sharing personal failures - I want my readers to connect to me as a real live human that has problems too. Though every time I write about them I loss readers. I don't want to be just a giveaway blog!

I'm fairly new to blogging and so I'm making mistakes regularly.. it seems to be the best way for me to learn  LOL
Did you just switch your content over? Were you able to keep the same blog name? What limitations other than time were there in making the change. I have started on blogger and find that I can't find a layout or format that feels like me. Advice would be appreciated.

Kristen said:
Starting on Blogger. I definitely learned a great deal and Blogger is an awesome publishing tool. So much more can be done with Wordpress though...and my blog (and posts) are more easily found now.
I think the biggest mistake I've made so far is not signing on with the company that wanted to give me free merchandise for giveaways. I was being too cautious.

I like this idea, I think I can bang out a few good posts on days my son is in pre-school. Its a lot harder to concentrate when I've got my 5 week old, my 5 year old and my 11 year old boys all at home.

Nacia (Moms In Boyland)

Serene Vannoy said:

Sara Carlson said:
I found that having blog breaks can be good for a person. However, I have learned from experience that taking breaks can make you loose readers. Now I try to schedule posts, if I know there will be going on a certain day or week or what ever. So if you have a few extra minutes write up a couple posts and save them as drafts or schedule them right away. I like to have a couple drafts (that are full of "unrushed" content) It will be as if you never left.

Yep, this is how I do it. I have ramped up to a daily posting schedule, and the only way I can do that is to write a lot of posts on high-energy days and schedule them for later; I try to always be 2 weeks ahead, so that if I get sick or have to go out of town, I'm covered for long enough to write new stuff.

Consistency....I wish I could have set days that I post and stick to them. I don't thin I can post everyday, but I feel like people will be more likely to visit when they know fresh stuff is there.

Nacia (Moms in Boyland)

Attachments:
Thinking that I knew something about HTML, LOL!
I'd probably have to go with over sharing, especially when I was planning to divorce my husband. We're still separated but working towards reconciliation now. Luckily he didn't see most of what I wrote back then because we weren't talking. It was all true at the time though!! LOL.

For me, the worst mistake I've made had been hopping from one blog to the next, trying to find a way to make eveything work. I've learned that I can work just one blog, and enjoy it. Also, taking a year long break to go into survival mode has not helped. I feel like I am starting all over again. And in a way I am, but that is okay, cause now I can take the time to set things up right.

Michelle

A Home Business in Today's Economy

Diamond M Sales

I see that a lot of people regret starting their blog on Blogger. Why is this?  I have recently started my blog and I love using Blogger.  I think it is so easy to use.  I'm really curious to hear responses.

Thanks!

Noorish

www.noorishme.blogspot.com

Wordpress gives you better control over the blog. It is easier to bring onto your own web host. I've used them both, and the blog I am bringing back to life, A Home Business in Today's Economy, is on blogger. I wish I had moved it to wordpress before starting, because I have a post I want to stay at the top and blogger doesn't give you a "sticky" option. Blooger is a good tool to learn the basics with, but as you progress, you will find it is limited. It does not allow some coding to work, which can hinder how your blog works, and what you can post where. 

That is just my 2 cents though, others may have different, or be able to explain it better, or not like wordpress at all. 

HTH,

Michelle

A Home Business in Today's Econonmy

Diamond M Sales

LaToya S. said:

I see that a lot of people regret starting their blog on Blogger. Why is this?  I have recently started my blog and I love using Blogger.  I think it is so easy to use.  I'm really curious to hear responses.

Thanks!

Noorish

www.noorishme.blogspot.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/19/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service