Whether we like it or not, there is a learning curve to mom blogging.  No one's perfect and that means sometimes we make mistakes. What is the biggest mistake you've ever made as a blogger?

You must be a member to read or contribute to this discussion.

Views: 1531

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ha ha!! Love it!!

Ellen Seidman said:
My biggest mistake: Jokingly offering up my mother-in-law as a giveaway. OK, I was being passive-aggressive. I didn't think she'd find out. But my sister-in-law told her and she was ticked. Worse part: Now I'll never be able to give her away on my blog.
Not socializing enough! Ack!!

My biggest mistake-moving domains. But I merged 2 blogs, I think it'll be better for me in the long run-but it did cause a dip in readership.

Blogger is great for personal blogs, but self hosted WP just offers so much more.

I tried blogger-more than once, but I just didn't care for it. I was limited too much in what I could do.

LaToya S. said:

I see that a lot of people regret starting their blog on Blogger. Why is this?  I have recently started my blog and I love using Blogger.  I think it is so easy to use.  I'm really curious to hear responses.

Thanks!

Noorish

www.noorishme.blogspot.com

Just getting back to it. I remember having angelfire website or a yahoo type of site before there was a real thing as blogging. So, I skipped around a lot and never stuck with one site. But most recently, my husband wen to back up the server and my site, and he deleted the site by accident. So, I am starting over once more.

xoxo

Zoila

polyhobbymommy.com

I mostly blog to spread awareness on Autism. I also enjoy it!
We all mde mistakes like that, this is a learning process and sometimes you have to fall in order to learn things.

Crissy said:
My biggest mistake so far has been jumping on board with a brand partnership (out of sheer excitement that they wanted ME) without demanding more details about compensation up front. What I learned, is that just because you've been asked to work with a recognized brand, doesn't mean that they are prepared to roll out an organized campaign with fair compensation. Disappointing, but, next time I will know which questions to ask!
Big mistake, but now you know! ;)

Irene said:
Not socializing enough! Ack!!
Assuming venting about my MIL would never be read by my MIL!

Not backing up my site consistently!!!!  My site was hacked recently & the last back up was in February - it took me weeks to re-do all of March's work & fix my galleries which meant I couldn't write anything new for a few days which caused a dip in my traffic.

Back up your site daily!!! Back up your pictures daily & back up your design changes weekly!! I never imagined I could get hacked....but I did and it can happen to anyone & if you dedicate so much time and effort as I do into your blog then you'll understand how devastating it was to log on one day and find nothing but a laughing joker mooning me!

Back up your work! 

I know writers who have success using blogger as well as other forums but I agree Wordpress gives me complete freedom on a creative level with plug-ins & user friendly apps it's a dream....I started my site using Dreamweaver, building the layouts & designs hand coding and I loved what I had accomplished however when it came time to archive - PHP coding was a mess, when looking for a solution I looked in to blogger but found my own designs couldn't carry over - Wordpress allowed me to upload my own as well as implement some of their own themes & add-ons - I love it and I am alot less focused on coding issues and more focused on content & publishing! 

Michelle Steiner said:

Wordpress gives you better control over the blog. It is easier to bring onto your own web host. I've used them both, and the blog I am bringing back to life, A Home Business in Today's Economy, is on blogger. I wish I had moved it to wordpress before starting, because I have a post I want to stay at the top and blogger doesn't give you a "sticky" option. Blooger is a good tool to learn the basics with, but as you progress, you will find it is limited. It does not allow some coding to work, which can hinder how your blog works, and what you can post where. 

That is just my 2 cents though, others may have different, or be able to explain it better, or not like wordpress at all. 

HTH,

Michelle

A Home Business in Today's Econonmy

Diamond M Sales

LaToya S. said:

I see that a lot of people regret starting their blog on Blogger. Why is this?  I have recently started my blog and I love using Blogger.  I think it is so easy to use.  I'm really curious to hear responses.

Thanks!

Noorish

www.noorishme.blogspot.com

I'm new to blogging, and of course I started out on blogger.  Should I have picked wordpress instead?

What's the difference?

S

http://weddedblisster.blogspot.com/

Melissa Choate said:

If I had it to do over again I would never have started on Blogger. I also would have created a separate email address, just for my blogging identity. Then I could exist on Facebook without having my blog page linked to my personal page. The same goes for Twitter. It's not a matter of remaining anonymous, it's about avoiding confusion. I wish I could pass this along to every would-be blogger.

I wish I would have started on Wordpress. Not having balance with my writing was my biggest mistake. Too much of one thing or too little of something leaves your blog stagnant. Be diverse within your own niche.

Far Above Rubies

Promoting Biblical Womanhood

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/21/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

MARKETPLACE

best makeup

best makeup

Catch the Buzz

Link to Us

Loading…