Whether we like it or not, there is a learning curve to mom blogging.  No one's perfect and that means sometimes we make mistakes. What is the biggest mistake you've ever made as a blogger?

You must be a member to read or contribute to this discussion.

Views: 1467

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd probably have to go with over sharing, especially when I was planning to divorce my husband. We're still separated but working towards reconciliation now. Luckily he didn't see most of what I wrote back then because we weren't talking. It was all true at the time though!! LOL.

For me, the worst mistake I've made had been hopping from one blog to the next, trying to find a way to make eveything work. I've learned that I can work just one blog, and enjoy it. Also, taking a year long break to go into survival mode has not helped. I feel like I am starting all over again. And in a way I am, but that is okay, cause now I can take the time to set things up right.

Michelle

A Home Business in Today's Economy

Diamond M Sales

I see that a lot of people regret starting their blog on Blogger. Why is this?  I have recently started my blog and I love using Blogger.  I think it is so easy to use.  I'm really curious to hear responses.

Thanks!

Noorish

www.noorishme.blogspot.com

Wordpress gives you better control over the blog. It is easier to bring onto your own web host. I've used them both, and the blog I am bringing back to life, A Home Business in Today's Economy, is on blogger. I wish I had moved it to wordpress before starting, because I have a post I want to stay at the top and blogger doesn't give you a "sticky" option. Blooger is a good tool to learn the basics with, but as you progress, you will find it is limited. It does not allow some coding to work, which can hinder how your blog works, and what you can post where. 

That is just my 2 cents though, others may have different, or be able to explain it better, or not like wordpress at all. 

HTH,

Michelle

A Home Business in Today's Econonmy

Diamond M Sales

LaToya S. said:

I see that a lot of people regret starting their blog on Blogger. Why is this?  I have recently started my blog and I love using Blogger.  I think it is so easy to use.  I'm really curious to hear responses.

Thanks!

Noorish

ha ha!! Love it!!

Ellen Seidman said:
My biggest mistake: Jokingly offering up my mother-in-law as a giveaway. OK, I was being passive-aggressive. I didn't think she'd find out. But my sister-in-law told her and she was ticked. Worse part: Now I'll never be able to give her away on my blog.
Not socializing enough! Ack!!

My biggest mistake-moving domains. But I merged 2 blogs, I think it'll be better for me in the long run-but it did cause a dip in readership.

Blogger is great for personal blogs, but self hosted WP just offers so much more.

I tried blogger-more than once, but I just didn't care for it. I was limited too much in what I could do.

LaToya S. said:

Thanks!

Noorish

Just getting back to it. I remember having angelfire website or a yahoo type of site before there was a real thing as blogging. So, I skipped around a lot and never stuck with one site. But most recently, my husband wen to back up the server and my site, and he deleted the site by accident. So, I am starting over once more.

xoxo

Zoila

polyhobbymommy.com

I mostly blog to spread awareness on Autism. I also enjoy it!
We all mde mistakes like that, this is a learning process and sometimes you have to fall in order to learn things.

Crissy said:
My biggest mistake so far has been jumping on board with a brand partnership (out of sheer excitement that they wanted ME) without demanding more details about compensation up front. What I learned, is that just because you've been asked to work with a recognized brand, doesn't mean that they are prepared to roll out an organized campaign with fair compensation. Disappointing, but, next time I will know which questions to ask!
Big mistake, but now you know! ;)

Irene said:
Not socializing enough! Ack!!
Assuming venting about my MIL would never be read by my MIL!

RSS

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service