The one topic I will not touch on my mom blog is _________.

There are a lot of topics that we don't want to blog about because they're either too personal or too controversial, or both. What is the one topic that you will not touch -- ever -- on your mom blog?

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ohhh good one I won't touch abortion either
Probably politics. I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to this arena, mostly b/c I'm not too interested in other opinions aside from my own. Just kidding! But, seriously, people are pretty one sided when it comes to their political views and I'm not a fan of alienating people or challenging their beliefs with my blog. My blog is about fun, and family, and friends and those are things that everyone can relate to.
Sex. I don't think you need to talk about your sex life on the internet. I might talk about like a toy party I had for a Girls Night In but I wouldn't talk about how me and my husband's sex life is.

Other than that on my blog I'll talk about anything!!
I try not to blog about anything too personal. I stay away from naming the actual places we go. I'm a bit paranoid with these days. Also, I try to stay away from the topics that are too controversial. Don't get me wrong, I like to have good discussions and speak my thoughts at times. After all, thats kind of the purpose of my blogging. But I dont like to discuss things just for the sake of sparking an argument. The hot topics are SAHM vs. working moms, breastfeeding vs bottlefeeding, crying it out, vaccines, religion....etc. I try to be sensitive to all mommies views :)
however, I would like to say Rae Ann...even if Religion is a hard topic...sharing the spiritual journey can be a different conversations then a convesation on Religion. I'm not a fan of Religion either...but the spiritual journey can be a little different.
I'm very careful about what I say about my stepkids. Even though I raised them from their teens, there is still that space between parent and stepparent and I don't feel that's a line I should cross.
politics
Politics....
Mainly just cause I don't follow all that stuff, it gets way to confusing for my simple mind, lol
sex and politics
Definitely politics. It always opens up a can of worms and the comments just end up becoming a shouting/name-calling match.
I would have to say religion, politics and XXX. I do post about some things such as KY and a nighty, but never anything about my personal sex life. If I had marital issues, I wouldn't post about those either. I do just about everything else though.
I'd have to say that I dont think I will ever bring up Religion or Politics. I feel that those are two of the most personal and passionate topics.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/19/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service