I need help. I am so close to  publishing but can't seem to decide on a theme for my new Blog. It isn't necessarily the layout... I know what I want, First and foremost is FREE! & versatility, I guess is the best way to describe it. I have scanned for hours on end the Free themes I have found and I see a few notes with them such as,
2,3, or 4 columns- left columns, right columns, adjustable width, widget ready, etc, etc
So, not sure how it works... can someone help me understand, Can I change the color scheme of the themes I am finding... Can I put my own icon (clipart) in place of their choice in examples.... Can I change the font styles of headers, content text, etc... Can I add icon buttons across top to link to different sections of my Blog... Can I add more category spots in sidebars to hold things like Google Friend connect, Social Media buttons (i.e. tweetme, facebook, etc), recent posts,etc (If the example shows 4 items in sidebar is that it or I can add stuff...)
Should I check out widgets I plan to use first and plug ins (still learning what these are and what they do) or go ahead and choose a theme and take it for what it is?
In other words am I getting exactly what I see in examples or can I change, add, alter anything?
What should I look for to know if a theme will meet my needs?
Do they all state what features they have? I also saw some w/ 2.9 compatibility and IE & Foxfire compatible as a description... I have a 2.8 version of Wordpress. Do I need to look to make sure it will support my version?... and I usually only use Foxfire.... should I also look to make sure it is compatible or assume all themes can be used in Foxfire just as easily?
Thx for any help & answers to my crazy questions-
PS- I am so very exhausted right now so I apologize in advance if this seems to run and make no sense...

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just bumping this- Hope that is allowed - I really hope someone can answer some questions for me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/23/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service