Is it just me, ladies, or have you noticed an escalation of meanness on Twitter? I wonder if it's because people like to hide behind an avatar? Whatever the reason, it's unsavory to me. I guess it's just something you have to deal with in an online world. What happened to just being nice? LOL.

Tags: Twitter, meanness, moms

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have not notice meanness on regular tweets, but the rude twitter party crashers are just unacceptable. We need to be able to block the people who get their cheap thrills off posting rude comments during twitter parties. What type of things have you seen Jennifer?
I haven't noticed it on Twitter, but then again, I haven't been there too much. I do notice the meanness in other online outlets, and I don't get it. I agree, it's so much easier to be nice (and peaceful!).
I've seen fussing and arguing between moms on Twitter on occasion. I haven't been on Twitter much this past week, but a little over a week ago it was rampant.
I think it's partly because of the speed of Twitter -- people seem more likely to speak without thinking. There's also more room for misinterpreting typed words when we're limited to 140 characters. And I think there's also a "popularity contest" aspect to Twitter that's more pronounced than on blogging, and sometimes jockeying for position can bring out the edge in some people. I enjoy Twitter, but I don't live on it -- I think that helps keep me from getting caught up in drama.
Just like any other social venue, there will be cliques. It's unfortunate that adults sometimes behave like they are Mean Girls in high school. Personally, I think it's insecurity. But as I read recently in a tweet, "Karma is a bitch, so let's all place nice!"
i notice a lot of strange behaviour, like a group of people creating 'fake' twitterers that they get other people to follow and write scandalous made up gossip. It's pretty childish but there is a dark side to it.
I think it depends on who you have in your tweet stream. If I see some trends in ugly commenting from someone, I just unfollow. Life's too short to have that negativity in your life. Same as IRL. There are mean people every where. How we respond to them is the trick.

Last fall, during the elections, things got pretty heated. Even then, I was able to find good friends that I have now met in person that didn't exactly agree with what I had to say. We kept it civil and stayed away from being mean or attacking each other. In the end, we respected that the other person had a different opinion. No nastiness.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service