Some moms say a child that does not experience spanking will grow up with a bad attitude. Others say that spanking should not be done as it develops resentment between child and parent.

My take: kind words are still the best, first and last resort that a parent should use to discipline a child rather than spanking (harsh words in anger and quick hands)....

What are your thoughts on spanking?

Tags: child, discipline, spanking

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My take is that discipline is VERY important. I personally grew up without being spanked but my parents were very strict. I think the problem is that some parents who do not spank do not find a way to discipline that does work for them and their family which leads to kids with discipline problems and lack of respect. I don't spank my kids but I do think that different children respond to different forms of discipline better than others so I even though I don't spank I don't think it is right for me to say that no one else should. I think the biggest part of discipline is being consistent and I think whatever type of discipline you choose it is very important to enforce it consistantly. If children know what is expected of them and what the consequences are if they misbehave this is very important regardless of what those consequences are. My problem with spanking is when it is done in a moment of anger and it seems to me to be more of a venting on the parent's part to make them feel better than a carrying out of a punishment to the child in a calm manner.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/24/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

¬© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service