What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 937

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My Blog started off as a hobby but now its like my life! LOL  I Love sharing every thing that I Love  all my thoughts and activities with the world!
Blogging is a hobby but I treat it like a job.  I love writing and it is a great creative outlet for me but I also take the social media marketing aspect of it pretty seriously and I am really trying to learn how to do it efficiently and effectively.

I started out just wanting to getmy thoughts down on paper (so to speak). Now i find I look forward to writing those little tidbits everyday!  I am not quite sure if I am getting the whole blogging as a business right, but I do love to get new followers and blog friends.  Please stop by and follow and I will follow back!

www.teen-aged411.blogspot.com

Right now, blogging is a hobby for me. I wanted to monetize but all of those sponsored posts and ads seem to take away from my blog, so I've stopped doing a lot of them. 

I love to write! I would love to find a way to make money off of my blog in a way that doesn't jeopardize the integrity...so I am working on that!

Blogging is a hobby for me. I have been blogging for about a month now. I'm not sure if I want to turn it into a business or not. My blog is about sweets and I love it, but I also love making jewelry so I'm not sure what I want to do yet.

It is a combination of both, but leaning more towards a hobby. I love blogging about mental health, autism related issues and every now and than I throw in a rant and ramble on.:)

Stop by!  My Meddling Mind

Blogging is just a hobby and for fun for me. I thought I'd give it go for when I had some "me" time. I don't think it'll ever turn into a job.

Blogging is now my job. I find that I am helping more and more people learn how to do it. I also teach ebook creation, formatting and design using MS Word. I am also a resource for sharing ideas for how to blog more efficiently and find great tools to make the job easier!

Check out my blogs:

Mom Blogger 101

RichSingleMomma.com

@t Once Communications

It's one of my favorite hobbies! It's a creative outlet for me.
That's great! Way to rise to the top. Not all single mothers can do that, I know I've struggled as a single mother for the last 2 years. It's always great seeing single mothers making it on their own.
Currently, it's a hobby, though one day it would be fabulous to turn it into a paying job. I run a blog devoted to all-things paper related (something I wish to dabble more in is paper-crafting/creating).
Blogging is a combination of both for me. Being a writer blogging came naturally and started off as an online journal. Since becoming a work at home mom, I've become interested in turning my blog into a business, however I think the struggle for me is #1. carving out my niche.... everyone has a "mommy blog" and #2. finding a way to monetize my blog without having it full of blatant advertisements.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world. Want to make a difference? Please join us!

© 2015   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service