What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 851

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My blog was initially intended as a means to drive traffic to my jewelry shop on etsy (http://www.etsy.com/shop/sisterlycreationz).  Now I have begun to rethink blogging and the level of commitment it takes to become a successful blogger.  I have placed my blog on hold for a while so that I can work on creating a new blog dedicated to sharing my story of surviving abuse to help others survive as well.  My new blog will be an adventure as very few people have heard my story and it will be difficult for me to share.  My hope is that I can help at least one person to be able to move past their abuse and not have to live with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder like I have.
My Blog started off as a hobby but now its like my life! LOL  I Love sharing every thing that I Love  all my thoughts and activities with the world!
Blogging is a hobby but I treat it like a job.  I love writing and it is a great creative outlet for me but I also take the social media marketing aspect of it pretty seriously and I am really trying to learn how to do it efficiently and effectively.

I started out just wanting to getmy thoughts down on paper (so to speak). Now i find I look forward to writing those little tidbits everyday!  I am not quite sure if I am getting the whole blogging as a business right, but I do love to get new followers and blog friends.  Please stop by and follow and I will follow back!

www.teen-aged411.blogspot.com

Right now, blogging is a hobby for me. I wanted to monetize but all of those sponsored posts and ads seem to take away from my blog, so I've stopped doing a lot of them. 

I love to write! I would love to find a way to make money off of my blog in a way that doesn't jeopardize the integrity...so I am working on that!

Blogging is a hobby for me. I have been blogging for about a month now. I'm not sure if I want to turn it into a business or not. My blog is about sweets and I love it, but I also love making jewelry so I'm not sure what I want to do yet.

It is a combination of both, but leaning more towards a hobby. I love blogging about mental health, autism related issues and every now and than I throw in a rant and ramble on.:)

Stop by!  My Meddling Mind

Blogging is just a hobby and for fun for me. I thought I'd give it go for when I had some "me" time. I don't think it'll ever turn into a job.

Blogging is now my job. I find that I am helping more and more people learn how to do it. I also teach ebook creation, formatting and design using MS Word. I am also a resource for sharing ideas for how to blog more efficiently and find great tools to make the job easier!

Check out my blogs:

Mom Blogger 101

RichSingleMomma.com

@t Once Communications

That's great! Way to rise to the top. Not all single mothers can do that, I know I've struggled as a single mother for the last 2 years. It's always great seeing single mothers making it on their own.
It's one of my favorite hobbies! It's a creative outlet for me.
Currently, it's a hobby, though one day it would be fabulous to turn it into a paying job. I run a blog devoted to all-things paper related (something I wish to dabble more in is paper-crafting/creating).

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service