What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 908

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blogging is a combination of both for me. Being a writer blogging came naturally and started off as an online journal. Since becoming a work at home mom, I've become interested in turning my blog into a business, however I think the struggle for me is #1. carving out my niche.... everyone has a "mommy blog" and #2. finding a way to monetize my blog without having it full of blatant advertisements.

I blogg for fun, for hobby, and for having something like a forever journal for my kids to read. As well there is many recipes and crochet pattern on my blog, that I keep simply baceuse I do not have any recipe books or anything like that. My blog is something that I can always get back to if I'm looking for the recipe :)

I'm hoping that someday my kids will be reading it like a online scrapbook :). I do not think I would want to change the character of my blog just to get paid for that.

Blogging is deffinitly a hobby for me! Its an outlet for me where I can share my thoughts, feelings and ideas. Its also a great place to share products with others, recipes and fun stuff!
It's been a hobby for me and most importantly, and outlet.
Blogging is a hobby for me.  It feels like a job sometimes but without the pay... lol.  I would love to be able to make a few bucks to help out with the bills.

Blogging for me is both a hobby and a business. I only started doing it this year and I love it. I used to manage my own true html website and it was so difficult managing the coding to get things to look right. The blog has allowed me to manage it so easily and it takes so little time.

andrea

http://www.diydonedirtcheap.com

http://www.asuniqueasu.com

Both, but I have to say more of a hobby and a theraputic outlet.
Blogging is a hobby for me, I've only been blogging for a really short period of time (Started at the beginning of September) before that I keep a journal. 
Blogging was hobby at first that turned into me having my own shop.I would say it combination of both job/hobby since i'm blogging about upcoming items and sharing some things i really like
Blogging is a hobby, but interestingly enough, because of blogging (and digging into all techy stuff) I was able to get jobs doing graphic design and website design in relation to my retail degree!
For now its a hobby; a very new hobby. I would love to make a job out of it though! :)
Well I just started Blogging so for me right now I would say a hobby.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/30/14 BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service