What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 903

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I started my blog to support my business www.crocodilecrunchkids.com  So I suppose it's a job?  But it feels much more personal and fun, so I guess I'm at the combo part!

Blogging is a combination of hobby and job for me. I had NO idea about the monetary/benefits mom bloggers were capable of earning when I started (and I have been an Internet marketing consultant for over a decade; doh!). I came in expecting nothing and that is what I still believe! Since we live on one income, the extra perks I can provide mean a lot to me. Whether I receive a small commission for ads or a great prize from a giveaway, I feel better about myself for contributing (just realized that sounds sad... it isn't!). I love writing, networking, reviewing products and providing giveaways for my readers. I've been able to learn about, experience, or just read reviews fellow bloggers have compiled: I have learned a lot through blogging over the past few years and although this is a hobby: I love making it a job :) "...Gotta stay up until 1AM to finish reviews and launch a giveaway", (husband rolls his eyes; I sprint off with coffee and MacBook.:.!!!) 
For me, blogging is what kept me from depression.  My husband was deployed to Afghanistand and I was home with three kids (three and under).  I needed an outlet.  I knew what my interests were but I had no idea how to inorporate them into my daily life.  I needed something to fill up MY tank!  One day, my aunt suggested that I start a blog for moms.  It was perfect, a fit!  Ideally, I'd love for it to turn into something but for now, it has brought me back to normal.  It has given me an outlet.  I am so thankful that I started my blog!
It started as a hobby and has become a LOVE and my job! I do some paid blogs here and there, but now i'm about to release my first book based on the blog. Crazy where I started and where i've ended up!
 Right now it is a hobby and a new learning experience.  Reading and studying everything I can to turn it into a combination of both.
Blogging is a hobby for me as well. It would be nice to see a few dollars come in, but I don't think I could ever turn it into a job full time. I wish I had more time to blog, but I don't think I would like the feeling of pressure to bring income from blogging.
Blogging is a combination of a job and hobby.  My blog is my testing ground for ideas for my radio show.   I've been blogging for about 3 years but am just recently starting to get a little more serious and thoughtful with my posts.
Just a hobby!  If I could get paid to blog that would be awesome!  I don't know anything about that though and my blog is very amateur.  Just for fun!
Kristie - come join my Newbie Blog Hop and/or my Newbie Blog Hop Facebook Group!! We cater to new bloggers and we ALL learn together about making money AND blogging for fun!!

I do it as a hobby but inside I would love to know that doing what I love might take me somewhere. I blog about life, kids, parenting, ideas on organizing and photography.

www.undecidedmama1329.com

or follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/Em_211

For now, it is a hobby.  I am quite new to blogging.  However, I have this grand illusion that it may turn into an income generating venture one day. :-)

http://www.auxilioabalto.us/et.al

currently a hobby. but looking fwd to turning it into a business when my kids are older. Actually its a ground work towards a real offline business I have in mind.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/21/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

MARKETPLACE

best makeup

best makeup

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service