What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 901

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

An aussie expat, living in the USA survival and sanity project.

My coupon blog started out as a hobby with my sister and myself...a way to stay connected across the country doing what we loved to do...coupon!  Right now I am currently facing losing my job and want to expand my blog to become a stay at home mom, which will be a BIG CHANGE considering I've been in the corporate world for over 20 years. 

It's been mostly a hobby, but I'm now trying to figure out how I can take it up a step. I don't want it to become a full-time overpowering job, but something in between.

It's both…I wouldn't have much time to dedicate to it if it weren't also an income. 

Mine started out as a hobby and turned into a job. My plan for the new year is to find a balance between the two.

Blogging started out as an outlet for me as a new mom. Eventually, I placed a "Hire Me" section on my blog, which served as an entry point for readers to see what I do for a living, which is write for blogs, magazines, etc. I'm a freelance writer. Recently, I began accepting advertisements for my blog, but only from brands and services that I liked and was willing to endorse. This has generated a small sideline income for me, which has been great. I hope to be able to make blogging a full-time job, which is what I've always wanted to do. 

A hobby for now, but I 'll take a portable, comfortable, writing job any day!  To me, blogging is a great way to voice my thoughts, share my ideas,make friends, vent, laugh and learn.  Most of all, it is fun!

Blogging started off as a way to test out the writing waters and vent my frustration over a difficult pregnancy and job. Later it became an outlet for my Post Partum Depression and now six plus years later it is my job.  One I feel like I am always figuring out as social media changes but a job that I love more than I could ever imagine.  I never want to do anything else.

Blogging is a hobby for me. I would love for it to turn into a job (in a good way). I have only been blogging for almost five months.

It's been a hobby for me, but now that I have the time, I really want to take it to the next level. I'd love for it to become a combination

Definitely both a hobby and something , I would eventually like to use for business. I'm very new to this so I'm not there yet.

For me it's definitely both. I blog as a hobby to document all of the wonderful things my twins do in their day-to-day lives, but I also blog as an Internet Marketer... keeping tabs on my journey, providing SEO tips, writing motivational posts to help others in the industry of Internet Marketing.

I have to say it's much more fun to blog about my twins, but I feel fortunate that I am enjoying the best of both worlds. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service