What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 988

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blogging started out as an outlet for me as a new mom. Eventually, I placed a "Hire Me" section on my blog, which served as an entry point for readers to see what I do for a living, which is write for blogs, magazines, etc. I'm a freelance writer. Recently, I began accepting advertisements for my blog, but only from brands and services that I liked and was willing to endorse. This has generated a small sideline income for me, which has been great. I hope to be able to make blogging a full-time job, which is what I've always wanted to do. 

A hobby for now, but I 'll take a portable, comfortable, writing job any day!  To me, blogging is a great way to voice my thoughts, share my ideas,make friends, vent, laugh and learn.  Most of all, it is fun!

Blogging started off as a way to test out the writing waters and vent my frustration over a difficult pregnancy and job. Later it became an outlet for my Post Partum Depression and now six plus years later it is my job.  One I feel like I am always figuring out as social media changes but a job that I love more than I could ever imagine.  I never want to do anything else.

Blogging is a hobby for me. I would love for it to turn into a job (in a good way). I have only been blogging for almost five months.

It's been a hobby for me, but now that I have the time, I really want to take it to the next level. I'd love for it to become a combination

Definitely both a hobby and something , I would eventually like to use for business. I'm very new to this so I'm not there yet.

Blogging is turning into more than a hobby for me.  I am hoping to be able to turn it into more of a job very soon.  I have been blogging for a while now but only recently really started getting serious about the whole thing.  

Definately a hobby right now. But possibly a hybrid paying job. Being a new blogger I am not quite there yet!

it started out and still is a hobby, but I would love for it to be my job.  i truly enjoy it.

I have always loved to write. My dream was to one day become an editor or columnist for a famous magazine. My life took a different route but I 
Still have that strong passion to write so I decided to make a blog. I love it! My new dream is  to build Chic Mommy In Pink into a successful blog that
Every mommy can relate too:)

Blogging is a hobby for me that I would love to turn in a job so that I can work from home and still spend quality time with my child.  I have been thinking about doing it for six months and I finally decided that I would take the plunge and try it.  I love it. I can not wait to get up in the morning and spend time on the site and I can not wait to get in bed at night so I can get to the site.

Cynthia

Richly Middle Class

RSS

Have You Been Following Team USA?

Team USA beat Germany last night. They play in the championship on Sunday. 

We'll be watching. Will you?

Have you been following the Women's World Cup?

Plus take a look at our Daily Question conversations!

Blog Prompt

FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA

Video Dose

This man found a soulmate in a puppy and it's adorable!

Share photos of your pets when they were pint size.

© 2015   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service