What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 928

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

An aussie expat, living in the USA survival and sanity project.

My coupon blog started out as a hobby with my sister and myself...a way to stay connected across the country doing what we loved to do...coupon!  Right now I am currently facing losing my job and want to expand my blog to become a stay at home mom, which will be a BIG CHANGE considering I've been in the corporate world for over 20 years. 

It's been mostly a hobby, but I'm now trying to figure out how I can take it up a step. I don't want it to become a full-time overpowering job, but something in between.

It's both…I wouldn't have much time to dedicate to it if it weren't also an income. 

Mine started out as a hobby and turned into a job. My plan for the new year is to find a balance between the two.

Blogging started out as an outlet for me as a new mom. Eventually, I placed a "Hire Me" section on my blog, which served as an entry point for readers to see what I do for a living, which is write for blogs, magazines, etc. I'm a freelance writer. Recently, I began accepting advertisements for my blog, but only from brands and services that I liked and was willing to endorse. This has generated a small sideline income for me, which has been great. I hope to be able to make blogging a full-time job, which is what I've always wanted to do. 

A hobby for now, but I 'll take a portable, comfortable, writing job any day!  To me, blogging is a great way to voice my thoughts, share my ideas,make friends, vent, laugh and learn.  Most of all, it is fun!

Blogging started off as a way to test out the writing waters and vent my frustration over a difficult pregnancy and job. Later it became an outlet for my Post Partum Depression and now six plus years later it is my job.  One I feel like I am always figuring out as social media changes but a job that I love more than I could ever imagine.  I never want to do anything else.

Blogging is a hobby for me. I would love for it to turn into a job (in a good way). I have only been blogging for almost five months.

It's been a hobby for me, but now that I have the time, I really want to take it to the next level. I'd love for it to become a combination

Definitely both a hobby and something , I would eventually like to use for business. I'm very new to this so I'm not there yet.

For me it's definitely both. I blog as a hobby to document all of the wonderful things my twins do in their day-to-day lives, but I also blog as an Internet Marketer... keeping tabs on my journey, providing SEO tips, writing motivational posts to help others in the industry of Internet Marketing.

I have to say it's much more fun to blog about my twins, but I feel fortunate that I am enjoying the best of both worlds. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/19/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service