What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 899

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blogging is turning into more than a hobby for me.  I am hoping to be able to turn it into more of a job very soon.  I have been blogging for a while now but only recently really started getting serious about the whole thing.  

Definately a hobby right now. But possibly a hybrid paying job. Being a new blogger I am not quite there yet!

Blogging for me is more of an interest, and it allows me to develop my writing skills.  I try to keep a schedule and write things that other new mothers would enjoy reading.  Perhaps it will turn into a platform for traffic to my business (not yet up and running yet) one day, but for now I blog to keep myself productive (giving myself deadlines, etc.) while I'm a stay-at-home-mom.  I suppose it's also an outlet for my creativity, and I hope to bring my art there eventually...

it started out and still is a hobby, but I would love for it to be my job.  i truly enjoy it.

I have always loved to write. My dream was to one day become an editor or columnist for a famous magazine. My life took a different route but I 
Still have that strong passion to write so I decided to make a blog. I love it! My new dream is  to build Chic Mommy In Pink into a successful blog that
Every mommy can relate too:)

Blogging is a hobby for me that I would love to turn in a job so that I can work from home and still spend quality time with my child.  I have been thinking about doing it for six months and I finally decided that I would take the plunge and try it.  I love it. I can not wait to get up in the morning and spend time on the site and I can not wait to get in bed at night so I can get to the site.

Cynthia

Richly Middle Class

A little bit of both. Though I'm not making any money just yet, I'm using it for marketing purposes for my soon to open online gift shop!

PhotoMom: Mommy Life. Inspiration. Photography

Hobby :-) But more like only place I can talk so I don't go insane LOL

a Business.  although I've been blogging since 2009.  I started out making about $.33/day!  blogging takes a tremendous amount of time and dedication.  believe in yourself and you can turn it into something quite profitable.  for me it is also a luxury to be able to stay home with my kids.

Shari

Spearmintbaby.com

Blogging is a release. Blogging is never a  job and always fun. I never feel obligated to do it, because I simply enjoy it too much. Blogging is a place to organize my thoughts and find others who have the same thoughts, those who can respond. I absolutely adore blogging. 

http://olearyva.blogspot.com

I think its both!  I love blogging and its also nice if it pays.. but so far its not a job :) I'd be happy to know if anyone else do it as job...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service