What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 965

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess it would be a hobby for me.

A combination.  I am really enjoying trying to add a post per day.  I find it so therapeutic to consistently write down my thoughts.  I have recently added two adsense units and might add individual advertisers in the future.

I think it is def a hobby for me though as it is rolling up to a year i need to turn it around and would like to premote stuff and have give aways and make it still a hobby but more like a hybrid but dont know where to start!

Blogging is a hobby for me. I feel that i have something important to say and so I am making an effort to blog and keep on blogging. Hopefully I will be a great blogger one day. I need to start by cutting down my nails. :)

Happy Blogging.

Be blessed!

For me blogging is my first solo unscripted adventure with the public. Living a public life in the gossip capital people like to spread rumors blogging gives me a way to connect and show our side of the story a little as well as show that we aren't that unlike the rest of the world so I guess it's a hobby.

Blogging is a hobby more than anything. I would love to make money from blogging as well but I have no clue how. 

Meanwhile, I enjoy the exchange of comments and ideas with other bloggers, especially my followers. :-)

http://simplethoughtsonthings.blogspot.com/

Blogging is a hobby first-and-foremost. I don't make money off of it; my blog is too new and unprofessional (design/layout, etc.) to sell advertising or feed Google ads on it yet. I love to write, but I don't find too much free time to do so, which also isn't conducive to making money from it as I do it only when I please. However, I will be making plugs for my business - Tiny Treasures Kids Consignment Sale of New Jersey/New York/Pennsylvania so I guess I'm a hybrid blogger to some extent.

Have a great night, everyone!

Jessi

www.TinyTreasuresKids.com

http://www.tinytreasureskids.com/domesticdivatwotinytreasures/

https://www.facebook.com/TinyTreasuresKids

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Domestic-Diva-Her-Two-Tiny-Treas...

Congratulations Jennifer,  that is awesome. It is always great to do something that you love.

Cynthia
JENNIFER HALL said:

Blogging has reached a job status for me. I am always thinking of what I should blog about next.

Hi Melina,

I am similar to you. I have some big ambitions for the site in the future.  Right now it is a hobby with potential.

Melina Druga said:

It's a combo of both.  I spend a lot fo time networking and advertising it's existance, publicising posts and seeking guest bloggers.  The goal is to become a full fledged magazine at some point in the future.

P.O.V.

Frazzled Fran

For me its a combination of both.  I blog mostly to share things that I know or things that I've learned with others. Its a way for me to establish myself as more than just a novice in the world of creativity and all things handmade!

I wish I had a combination of both, but my hobby blogs have fallen by the wayside because my full-time job is managing a corporate blog.

One of the things I must do for myself is revive the ones that matter to me.

It is definitely both. As a Mom who felt like she had lost herself in Mommy World, it has been an outlet. One that I so desperately needed! I love it. Hopefully, it can become a paying job eventually, but as long as it doesn't feel like a job, that's how I know I am supposed to be doing it! I simply love it!

RSS

BLOGGING

What is blogging for you: a hobby, a job, or a combination of both? 

Share your thoughts + win our daily prize.

Be a part of all of our Daily Question conversations!

Blog Prompt

FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA

Video Dose

What do you get when you take off a Bratz doll's makeup? Meet the people who are changing the face of girls' toys

© 2015   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service