What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 887

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For me, blogging is both my job and my hobby. It started as a hobby, but grew to much more. It's a good thing I love it, because I spend so much time blogging!
Blogging is a job for me. When my son was born, I left the company where I'd worked for 7+ years, to become a SAHM. Seven months into my new "career", my former company asked if I'd write a mommy blog to support their birth announcement market. It's an amazing opportunity that I'm so thankful to have!
NotesFromTheNest.com
MagnetStreetBaby.com
test reply
blogging for me a therapy and if I am lucky enough to make money at it one day then... yeah me. The money will come.

Cheers,

http://www.thecocktailcafe.com
http://twitter.com/thecocktailcafe
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thecocktailcafeshow
Blogging is a hobby for me. I am just documenting life. It's easier than keeping a diary and I hope that one day my son will enjoy all the things I have written over the years. I'm certainly not a professional blogger.
Blogging is pure hobby for me. I quit smoking about a month ago, and blogging is definitely the best thing to help me deal with the cravings. So its also good for your health!
Hobby, very much so. But, I like to use my blog to spread the word about organizations I believe in and support. I get paid in gratitude and knowing I'm helping others learn a little bit more about what is going on in this world.
It's both really... some days I have personal stuff I just want to post and other times I feel I have something important to share with others! Drachma Girl's Blog
I have a personal blog for a hobby, but I work on the blog for my organization as well, MomsRising.org. It's really fun to see where the discussions take off, what other moms and caregivers are thinking about.
I would say for the first month, it was a serious ADDICTION! :-) Now, a very serious hobby... but I would love for it to become an extremely fun job...
For me its just a hobby. I would love to make money doing it (who wouldn't). It really is a fun, creative outlet.

Manic Mother
For me its a passion. I am a stay at home mother who previously worked in the corporate world for a long time. I have not desire to make money off of my creative interests. Its kind of like when I paint. I don't do it for the money....its not what inspires me. If it comes naturally then it does...if it doesn't then I will never be dissapointed. For those using it as a business....I respect that. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to be self employed!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Summer Travel

Will you and your family take a vacation this year? Where are you going? What are your favorite travel tips for families? Share in our forum.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service