What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 915

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blogging for me is actually both a job and a hobby. But I don't feel like it's a job since I don't just see it as a way to earn money. I love to write, and I love to blog. I love meeting new friends in this blogosphere. If I make money from my blog, that's fine. If I don't it's fine too. My main source of income online isn't my blog but from writing articles.
Blogging started as a hobby, but now that I own my own business it is based mostly around that.
Blogging is a hobby for me. I absolute love it! I never thought I would. I have met so many great people while I have been blogging. I don't know what took me so long to start blogging.
My weight loss/fitness/health blog is my business BUT honestly blogging for me is a labor of love because I want to help others in their weight loss journey by putting myself out there and sharing my personal story. It's definitely worth it so I keep going. I have only been blogging here for almost 2 years but I have had other websites in the past (still do). Getting ready to start another blog for our personal site so hopefully I can keep up with all of it.
It's just a hobby for me. Not sure if I wanted to do it as a job though, I think I might not enjoy it as much...
Blogging is a hobby for me, simply to share my thoughts and crafty creations with others. I am a stay at home mom to a busy little girl who keeps me on my toes. When I sit in front of my computer and post or check out another mommy blog I feel like Im in my own little happy world. ha. btw my blog is http://craftychicmommy.blogspot.com/ I would love it if you share your blogs as well.
for now its a hobby but I would like it to become like a job so I can make some money from it. any ideas on how to do that?
I think for me blogging is a combination of all these factors. And I just LOVE to blog! What a wonderful way to share what you have to say with the entire world!
I am a journalist and blogging on my Mommy blog allows me to write from my own life experiences rather covering the foibles and news of others. I have a blog for my business and would love to know how to make money from it. I need followers for both...the numbers on both blogs are pretty dismal
Being a newbie, it's really a hobby right now. I haven't made much off of blogging other than 60 cents off google ads. Would like to turn it into something more if possible, but for now, am just loving to write, almost like an addiction.
I know how you feel as am a newbie myself. Would love to see your page though. You can visit my page at www.superheroesmom.com
Okay, just helped you by following your blog :-) Good luck.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/21/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service