What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 850

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For me blogging is both a hobby and a job. I love what I do and therefore try to find ways to get paid doing it. However I don't lose sight that I love it and won't clutter it with only paid opportunities. I only focus on paid opportunities that go with my audience and my topics. I also use my blog as a platform to find other job opportunities. I love social media in general and therefore enjoying what you do is a win win.
A hobby now, I so need a "blog-over" this is so new, & I wouldn't even know how to start w hosting or giveaways!!
Blogging is a hobby for me since i love writing, but i hope someday i can earn money from here also. So my dream to become "a working from home mother" can be realized..
I am a stay at home mom and blog for fun! A few months ago I took a couponing class, fell in love with the idea of saving so much money and decided to blog about my journey (and to keep myself consistent with it!) If it makes money one day then great....but first and foremost I really love doing it. Guess I'm just a writer at heart :)

Stephanie @momreviewtb
I just started my blog about 3 weeks ago. I am lovin it! Right now it is a hobby but we shall see where it takes me. www.thismamaworksit.com
I am very impressed! I just started too. Started reading and researching blogs about 3 weeks ago and started mine about a week ago. Yours looks great! Any advice for this newbie? www.thegenerationxmomblog.com
Right now I would call it an addiction! I am very new to blogging but in the last two weeks my head is one big blog! Ever since I discovered blogs I eat, sleep, and drink blogs. I am very excited about this new world I have found!
It started out as a hobby, but I'm slowly trying to turn it into a job. I love to write, and make people laugh. If I can earn some extra cash along the way it would be great. My biggest struggle right now is figuring out how to promote my blog to increase readership.
Blogging is a hobby for me, and one I look forward to doing every week. Of course, I'd love to eventually make it more and even make some dough from it, but baby steps first, LOL! I currently write a blog with my friend, but I'm thinking of also starting my own blog.
Hobby and therapy!

Unfortunately my writing isn't good enough to go pro. Yet , I love doing it.
I think that blogging is a hobby and job. I like to dress my self
with fashion clothes so I decide to start writing blog about
luxury underwear. No I am trying to find the way to make my
blog earning.
A RETREAT! I'm a training consultant and a mommy of a 3 year old. . I spend more time with research than with lipstick. I started blogging to retreat into a world of "girly", brainless fun. Check me out at The Busy Chick.Com.

I must have hit on something. I just started it a couple of days ago and have gotten over 300 hits!!!! Each day is growing. Maybe I hit my niche!

RSS

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service