What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 901

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blogging began as a hobby for me -- and still is in many ways, but I'm now earning a full time income (this depends, I was SAHM, so it seems like it to me!) from it.

www.meltingmama.net
A combination of both. I've been blogging 3 years ago. And it was just started as a habit since i am still working then. But now i am planning to get just a piece of the so called income out of blogging i do hope i can make it.
Right now blogging is so new, but I love it. I've always been a writer of poetry, a keeper of journals, and post it notes cover my desk and computer. I started my blog to be able to develop my writing skills and as a therapeutic outlet for being a single mother of 2. I hope one day to earn a bit of extra cash later from it, although I know that is probably down the road a bit. I haven't been out of the gates for even a month yet. So I welcome advice, and of course visits.

http://www.thegraftedtree.squarespace.com

Mendy
My blog is a hybrid for sure. I blog about my life and my business. I'd love to be making more money from it, but I'm happy with it for now. I do enjoy it a lot and would do it without making any money. It is very time consuming though.
Right now it's a hobby however I would love to take it another step and do reviews/giveaways but I just haven't figured how to make that step yet. Until then I am adjusting to making the switch from LiveJournal to Blogger.
Blogging is a job for me, but I love it, so it feels like a hobby.
I actually started out with the intention that my blog would be a way to promote my artwork. Then it turned into a hobby and I blogged about my life and my 4 kids ages 5 to 1. Now, I'm lowly starting to add a little advertising to my blog. Although, I'm still a little hesitant to jump all the way into trying to seriously making money out of my main blog. I don't know why. But I guess that's why I finally started a second one for my art and crafts.

http://serenedesigns.blogspot.com/
http://serenesawesomeportfolio.blogspot.com/
Blogging is a hobby for me. I've been blogging for a year now. I enjoy it and since I'm far from my family, they all enjoy it too. It helps them feel more a part of our lives when I write stories about the kids. Even though I write about the kids a lot, blogging is a way for me to be an adult, to actually use some of the education I have, beyond the toddler level.
Blogging for me is currently a hobby and a chance of pace from my full-time job. I would love to turn it into a job that would give me more flexibility to spend more time at home. I'm in the early stages now, so who knows where this journey will take me!
I think it is a combination of both because I do think of my reviews etc.. as a job because I want to make my sponsors proud I also believe it is a hobby for me because I love to share personal post as well
For me, it's a hobby. I love it. I feel I can be creative. It's an outlet for me. I get to share things I'm passionate about with people.

The Mahogany Way
Definitely more of a hobby at this point. I would love it to get big enough to suppliment my DH's income but I am not holding my breath. I think you need to have something special to get big. I do however approach it as a job non the less. Any thing worth doing is worth doing well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

ADVERTISEMENT

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service