What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 891

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blogging began as a hobby for me -- and still is in many ways, but I'm now earning a full time income (this depends, I was SAHM, so it seems like it to me!) from it.

www.meltingmama.net
A combination of both. I've been blogging 3 years ago. And it was just started as a habit since i am still working then. But now i am planning to get just a piece of the so called income out of blogging i do hope i can make it.
Right now blogging is so new, but I love it. I've always been a writer of poetry, a keeper of journals, and post it notes cover my desk and computer. I started my blog to be able to develop my writing skills and as a therapeutic outlet for being a single mother of 2. I hope one day to earn a bit of extra cash later from it, although I know that is probably down the road a bit. I haven't been out of the gates for even a month yet. So I welcome advice, and of course visits.

http://www.thegraftedtree.squarespace.com

Mendy
My blog is a hybrid for sure. I blog about my life and my business. I'd love to be making more money from it, but I'm happy with it for now. I do enjoy it a lot and would do it without making any money. It is very time consuming though.
Right now it's a hobby however I would love to take it another step and do reviews/giveaways but I just haven't figured how to make that step yet. Until then I am adjusting to making the switch from LiveJournal to Blogger.
Blogging is a job for me, but I love it, so it feels like a hobby.
I actually started out with the intention that my blog would be a way to promote my artwork. Then it turned into a hobby and I blogged about my life and my 4 kids ages 5 to 1. Now, I'm lowly starting to add a little advertising to my blog. Although, I'm still a little hesitant to jump all the way into trying to seriously making money out of my main blog. I don't know why. But I guess that's why I finally started a second one for my art and crafts.

http://serenedesigns.blogspot.com/
http://serenesawesomeportfolio.blogspot.com/
Blogging is a hobby for me. I've been blogging for a year now. I enjoy it and since I'm far from my family, they all enjoy it too. It helps them feel more a part of our lives when I write stories about the kids. Even though I write about the kids a lot, blogging is a way for me to be an adult, to actually use some of the education I have, beyond the toddler level.
Blogging for me is currently a hobby and a chance of pace from my full-time job. I would love to turn it into a job that would give me more flexibility to spend more time at home. I'm in the early stages now, so who knows where this journey will take me!
I think it is a combination of both because I do think of my reviews etc.. as a job because I want to make my sponsors proud I also believe it is a hobby for me because I love to share personal post as well
For me, it's a hobby. I love it. I feel I can be creative. It's an outlet for me. I get to share things I'm passionate about with people.

The Mahogany Way
Definitely more of a hobby at this point. I would love it to get big enough to suppliment my DH's income but I am not holding my breath. I think you need to have something special to get big. I do however approach it as a job non the less. Any thing worth doing is worth doing well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service