What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 918

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's both. I don't get paid currently but it is my job in that it's what I spend my time doing and it takes up many hours a day, every day of the week. It's what I do all day. Hopefully one day I'll make a few bucks to help support us.

I also love it though!
Blogging is part of my day job, but personally I am a rookie blogger. I enjoy writing as a way to channel some of my creative energies.
I am new to blogging, but i think it is kind of going to be a way to vent maybe? Or even just talk as my husband never listens to anything I say..lol. Not really sure yet..lol, but I am sure I will figure it out along the way.
For me right now it is hobby, but a hobby that takes lot of work. LOL
A hobby and stress reliever! It would be nice to make it a job though
I would say a combo of both. I started blogging strictly as a hobby, But I now do a few paid posts here and there to make a little extra $$. I also write for Examiner which generates some change.
I started to approach my blog as a job and quickly began to feel the stresses and burnout with any "job" so I quickly abandoned that point of view and looked at my blog as I once did, a hobby, fun, a love. No stressers, no pressure, I feel that if you completely approach your blog as a business it will show as will your writing and reviews. The lack of passion will shine through, the lack of eloquence, a blog is what you make it so whatever choice you make is up to you and NO ONE can tell you how to run your blog or how your blog should be. Regardless of all the "guru's" or self-proclaimed "know it alls." Do what works for you and enjoy the experience.
An extension of my job. Another avenue to share my personality with clients, friends and potential clients.
Like many of the other moms, here, I'm a hobbyist with an eye to the future. I would really love to make a living writing and my blog is a good opportunity to practice writing and get it viewed by others. Good luck to all of us!!! BTW - My blog is http://didyourememberyourpilltoday.blogspot.com Stop by and let me know what you think.
My blog started out as therapy for me....literally. I wrote to get rid of the blues. For journaling to blogging to writing for magazines and newspapers. Wow! God us good.
Genma Holmes
www.genmaspeaks.com
At this time, since I'm still learning the ropes, it is a very fun hobby. The interaction with other bloggers is great , especially with other moms and crafters. It's kind of addicting. :)
Hmm.. this is an interestng question.. Blogging at my personal blog The Mom Writes is a passion, a pastime that allows me to connect with other moms, discuss, read and share. Blogging and writing at other places and sites is definitely a job:-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/24/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service