What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 850

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For me blogging is something I started just three months ago, as after three years at home with my daughter and finally feeling like I was getting my act together as a Mom I decided it was time to do something for me, so I started my blog. What I did not expect was to meet so many wonderful Moms and make so many new friends in such a short space of time. Setting up the blog, being a technophobe and trying to figure it all out has given my brain a much needed work out too. So for me right now this is a hobby, one that gets me thinking and socializing and as a result has done wonders for me.
Blogging for me is a source of employment, small business/work at home; sustainability.

http://hollywoodglamorous.blogspot.com
Blogging for me is a hobby right now. I mean, we all have that dream of being able to make money doing it & I make a little, but not enough for it to be a job. But I feel like the pressure to make money from it would make it a little less enjoyable & therefore not as sincere or authentically me. So I'm happy for it to be a hobby! It's also just a major way for me to meet & learn from other moms. That's the main reason why I started a mom blog in particular.
Blogging is a hobby for me, I am new to it and am trying to get a 'FEEL" for it.
I think I am just going to try and talk about random things, seeing as how my life IS so random.
Blogging is my full time job. I am so excited that I've reached a point where I make a full time income from my blog. (and LOVE every minute of it!)
Right now mine is a hobby, but I would love to one day make a combination of both.
I love blogging.It's just a hobby for me.A way to communicate to the world that I exist, even if no one is actually reading the rubbish I'm writing. :D
Blogging is both. I used to do it as a hobby but once I started my new site, I had to be more professional. My views will influence the readers of my blog as well as future readers of my books. I still have small sections though that are more carefree though, so it's still a hobby and fun as well.:)
Blogging is definitely a combination of both. I got into writing almost 10 years ago as a hobby and LOVED it so much it became my passion. Now I do it for my main source of income and that's why I started my own blogs--so that I can earn my own income while I stay at home with my darling daughters. The writing industry is too unreliable for work right now and it is satisfying building my blog readership from the ground up. Feel free to support my efforts by viewing my blogs at:

http://www.willblogforbeauty.com
http://www.willblogforbabies.com
An avenue for me to vent... to share... and to pick back up writing.
A creative release, a pleasant way to journal my first years as a first-time mother (mostly because I love my blog's layout--it makes me laugh, still!), an exercise in writing and a way to avoid editing my poetry and fiction (also a legitimate excuse for not editing my poetry and fiction---right???). I know that in years to come I will be SO HAPPY I made the time for this blog, especially with the 3rd birthday approaching this year. Where has the time gone? Well, I have a little idea thanks to blogging. (But still---come on---THREE? REALLY? Sorry for shouting...).
Mine is a hobby. I like to have fun with silly posts or get serious with life posts or share my family and pets with lots of picture posts. I'd like to think I am relative to a lot of other bloggers coming from a blended family and entering a blended family.
Never a dull moment! :-)Living, Loving, Laughing

RSS

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service