What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 897

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blogging is a hobby that I really want to turn into a paying gig. I feel like I still have a lot to learn though, so I'll enjoy learning for now and hopefully the other part will follow.
A combination of both. I love writing and empowering single moms and I like the idea of making a few extra dollars for my efforts.

Samantha
http://richsinglemomma.com
I've been blogging on & off since 2006 but am blogging in earnest now to create that hybrid of hobby/job. I spend so much time on the internet anyway, I may as well make it pay while being able to provide information on topics I've already put a lot of research into. I went through 3 yrs of IVF and am now a twin mom - you can imagine the research I've done! It will be virtually impossible for me to take on a full-time job right now because of our 2 yr old twins but I really need to do something to contribute to our finances. This seems like a good solution.

B
http://twinmomslife.blogspot.com/
I think I am definitely a hybrid, although I am working on a couple of different projects that I hope to have become a career.
I wish that blogging was my job. I try to treat it as a job so that one day it will be my job. I also love it so much it feels like a hobby.
I would have to say blogging for me is a combination. I'm a writer so, blogging relaxes me, it helps me get all of this stuff that I have floating around in my head, and its a job because it helps me promote my business.
Blogging for me is just a hobby. It is my way to keep my family up to date to what we do all day and to see pictures of my daughter growing up. Mainly my blog is just a place for me to put down my thoughts and events. I would love to make money doing it, but I think when that happens it may become to much of a chore. At least that is what I worry about. But I don't see that happening ever.
At the moment it is a hobby, but would love to be able to make money from it. It would be nice to blog for a living! I am working on marketing myself at the moment, so who knows what will happen.
Definitely a combination of both for me!
It started as a hobby and is changing, but I don't think it will ever be totally a job.
I'm pretty much in the hybrid phase of job/hobby but I'm treating it like a job -- have been for more than a year now -- and hope it soon becomes my primary source of income.

Here's my hybrid: Grandma's Briefs
therapy.
Blogging for me has become a combination of both job and hobby. It is something which I am passionate about and go in it as a 9-5 plus overtime and absolutely love it!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service