What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 888

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blogging is a hobby that I really want to turn into a paying gig. I feel like I still have a lot to learn though, so I'll enjoy learning for now and hopefully the other part will follow.
A combination of both. I love writing and empowering single moms and I like the idea of making a few extra dollars for my efforts.

Samantha
http://richsinglemomma.com
I've been blogging on & off since 2006 but am blogging in earnest now to create that hybrid of hobby/job. I spend so much time on the internet anyway, I may as well make it pay while being able to provide information on topics I've already put a lot of research into. I went through 3 yrs of IVF and am now a twin mom - you can imagine the research I've done! It will be virtually impossible for me to take on a full-time job right now because of our 2 yr old twins but I really need to do something to contribute to our finances. This seems like a good solution.

B
http://twinmomslife.blogspot.com/
I think I am definitely a hybrid, although I am working on a couple of different projects that I hope to have become a career.
I wish that blogging was my job. I try to treat it as a job so that one day it will be my job. I also love it so much it feels like a hobby.
I would have to say blogging for me is a combination. I'm a writer so, blogging relaxes me, it helps me get all of this stuff that I have floating around in my head, and its a job because it helps me promote my business.
Blogging for me is just a hobby. It is my way to keep my family up to date to what we do all day and to see pictures of my daughter growing up. Mainly my blog is just a place for me to put down my thoughts and events. I would love to make money doing it, but I think when that happens it may become to much of a chore. At least that is what I worry about. But I don't see that happening ever.
At the moment it is a hobby, but would love to be able to make money from it. It would be nice to blog for a living! I am working on marketing myself at the moment, so who knows what will happen.
Definitely a combination of both for me!
It started as a hobby and is changing, but I don't think it will ever be totally a job.
I'm pretty much in the hybrid phase of job/hobby but I'm treating it like a job -- have been for more than a year now -- and hope it soon becomes my primary source of income.

Here's my hybrid: Grandma's Briefs
therapy.
Blogging for me has become a combination of both job and hobby. It is something which I am passionate about and go in it as a 9-5 plus overtime and absolutely love it!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service