What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 850

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd say it's a hobby. I am trying to make some money at it, but I know even if I never made a penny I would keep it going. I work incredibly hard on my blog though and for it to generate some income for my family would NEVER be a bad thing.
My long term goal is for it to be a hybrid of both.
Mine started out as a simple way to organize my thoughts into sections that would make it easy for printing into something I could pass on to children some day. Which is something my mom has been talking about doing for years. But then one day I earned a follower that I did not personally know. Which was super exciting, and now its a hobby. Although someday I hope I can turn it into something bigger.
I have been blogging for a little over 3 years. I have three blogs that I post to regularly. One for my art. I do mixed media and am on the design team for an image sheet company Altered By Me

One for giveaways and reviews Times R Tuff

And one that is my cooking blog Flour On My Face

I started out with the art blog. I would post pictures of the art I created and talk about the technique. Once I joined the design team I had to showcase my art work using the images from the company I work with. I also post to the blog from the image company.

Then I added the cooking blog. I love to cook and bake. I make alot of homemade things like bread, yogurt and cheese. So I will share what I make on it.

And the newest is my giveaway/review blog. I started this one because I did not want to post about giveaways and reviews on the other two when the giveaways/review had nothing to do with the subjects if my blogs. But I also will do a cooking giveaway /review on my cooking blog as they come along.

I think blogging is kind of addicting. I enjoy writing so blogging is a writing outlet also.

I would love to earn a living from my blogging so that is the goal I am working towards now.
I learned late in life the power of financial education and my passion is to share that information with others. I recently wrote my first book "Sick and Tired of Being Broke" The First Steps on the Road to Financial Independence. I am interested in promoting my book and meeting new people.

So, I am looking for other women who are tired of living paycheck-to-paycheck or just making ends meet. My hope is that we will take a journey together to uncover the information that we need to live debt-free and create wealth. Together we can do anything! Available at: www.buybooksontheweb.com

http://www.journeytowealth.blogspot.com
It's a hobby. A fun and addictive one too. So much so that I actually have three blogs with different themes. If could make money doing what I love, that would be awesome! :)
It's a job for me and I absolutely love it!
It's a break from the daily grind! :)

Kim
Http://kimmama.com
It's a combo.. I'd love to make it my job, but I've been blogging for years as a hobby...
Currently mine is a hobby. I am trying to turn it into a job so I can eventually stay home with my girl. I'm starting to get some interest, so, it seems to be going in the direction I want it to! You can check it out at:

http://singlemama-reviewcorner.blogspot.com/

Jacqui
Blogging for me, is a hobby. I wouldn't mind having it be my job though. I love it!
I want to learn how to turn blogging into a job that pays the bills :)
I WISH it was a job! Hopfeully it will be eventually, but fow now it is a way for me to escape. Kind of like a public journaling experience that I love. I'm new to blogging, but so far so good!
My Motherless Adventure
A hobby, but right now I am kinda treating it as a job because we need the income!

RSS

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service