What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 890

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd say it's a hobby. I am trying to make some money at it, but I know even if I never made a penny I would keep it going. I work incredibly hard on my blog though and for it to generate some income for my family would NEVER be a bad thing.
My long term goal is for it to be a hybrid of both.
Mine started out as a simple way to organize my thoughts into sections that would make it easy for printing into something I could pass on to children some day. Which is something my mom has been talking about doing for years. But then one day I earned a follower that I did not personally know. Which was super exciting, and now its a hobby. Although someday I hope I can turn it into something bigger.
I have been blogging for a little over 3 years. I have three blogs that I post to regularly. One for my art. I do mixed media and am on the design team for an image sheet company Altered By Me

One for giveaways and reviews Times R Tuff

And one that is my cooking blog Flour On My Face

I started out with the art blog. I would post pictures of the art I created and talk about the technique. Once I joined the design team I had to showcase my art work using the images from the company I work with. I also post to the blog from the image company.

Then I added the cooking blog. I love to cook and bake. I make alot of homemade things like bread, yogurt and cheese. So I will share what I make on it.

And the newest is my giveaway/review blog. I started this one because I did not want to post about giveaways and reviews on the other two when the giveaways/review had nothing to do with the subjects if my blogs. But I also will do a cooking giveaway /review on my cooking blog as they come along.

I think blogging is kind of addicting. I enjoy writing so blogging is a writing outlet also.

I would love to earn a living from my blogging so that is the goal I am working towards now.
I learned late in life the power of financial education and my passion is to share that information with others. I recently wrote my first book "Sick and Tired of Being Broke" The First Steps on the Road to Financial Independence. I am interested in promoting my book and meeting new people.

So, I am looking for other women who are tired of living paycheck-to-paycheck or just making ends meet. My hope is that we will take a journey together to uncover the information that we need to live debt-free and create wealth. Together we can do anything! Available at: www.buybooksontheweb.com

http://www.journeytowealth.blogspot.com
It's a hobby. A fun and addictive one too. So much so that I actually have three blogs with different themes. If could make money doing what I love, that would be awesome! :)
It's a job for me and I absolutely love it!
It's a break from the daily grind! :)

Kim
Http://kimmama.com
It's a combo.. I'd love to make it my job, but I've been blogging for years as a hobby...
Currently mine is a hobby. I am trying to turn it into a job so I can eventually stay home with my girl. I'm starting to get some interest, so, it seems to be going in the direction I want it to! You can check it out at:

http://singlemama-reviewcorner.blogspot.com/

Jacqui
Blogging for me, is a hobby. I wouldn't mind having it be my job though. I love it!
I want to learn how to turn blogging into a job that pays the bills :)
I WISH it was a job! Hopfeully it will be eventually, but fow now it is a way for me to escape. Kind of like a public journaling experience that I love. I'm new to blogging, but so far so good!
My Motherless Adventure
A hobby, but right now I am kinda treating it as a job because we need the income!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service