What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 902

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not looking for money. I have been planning on writing a humor book for years so my blog is the little snippets that one day will be turned into a collection. I started writing smart ass Christmas letters with details such as "good news, my daughter was just released from prison" as a response to all the saccarine letters i got.

So, there you are. The entries are snarky, funny, snotty and sometimes introrespective. Why do i blog? It's a means to an end. My ultimate goal is to be a Professional Talk Show Guest...just because it seems like fun.

I have no real goals...never have...probably never will. My kids are in high school and college and i have time to pursue what i want now...and so I am. Feel free to follow the blog called All Fooked Up: http://allfookedup.blogspot.com

or don't...i'm not too concerned about the following thing
I've been blogging since 2005 and it remains the only hobby I've been able to consistently keep up with. It's also a service to my family because I suck at communication, so they can keep up with our lives without me having to pick up the phone. Since we moved from Texas (where my family is) to Alaska this year, it's a way to keep up with people from around the country. You know, when the internet is working.
Mine is a job that has facilitated more work for me externally.

Amy @ jensandamy said:
I've been blogging since 2005 and it remains the only hobby I've been able to consistently keep up with. It's also a service to my family because I suck at communication, so they can keep up with our lives without me having to pick up the phone. Since we moved from Texas (where my family is) to Alaska this year, it's a way to keep up with people from around the country. You know, when the internet is working.
wow...alaska...no wonder you need to blog to keep in touch! good luck with that. Hope things are well.

Lynn MacDonald

Lynn Procton MacDonald said:

Amy @ jensandamy said:
Thanks, Lynn! Yeah, my parents weren't too thrilled with the distance thing, but Jens moved to Texas with me so I owe him. And I think it's just for a year, although now it seems to have turned into a year and a summer.

Lynn Procton MacDonald said:
wow...alaska...no wonder you need to blog to keep in touch! good luck with that. Hope things are well.

Lynn MacDonald
I started off doing my blog as my experience of what happened from leaving home to now ie from being kicked out of home, domestic violence from my ex to where I am now. But I couldn't do it....it hurt me too much....So have started again and decided to blog about how I am now and it's making me feel a lot happier :)

At the moment I am blogging for a hobby:

Feel free to follow me at: http://adiaryofamodernmummy.blogspot.com/

Nicola x
I love blogging. I do it for my business but I love the social aspect of it. Getting to know other moms from their blogs is interesting to say the least.
My blogging is a combination of job and hobby as I sew children clothes and blog about it. It's a job but also a hobby as I'm not making a living out of it. Then blogging about what I have sewn is just fun!! And to get feedback about what other people think about it.
For me it's both. I started the blog to write about my soap business, but ended up enjoying posting more recipes and everyday-life stuff. I don't make money from my blog, but I do think that it helps my business.

Amanda
http://www.veveshandmade.com/blog
Right now a hobby, but I would love for it to be a part time paying job someday.
For now a hobby, but if it could turn into more that would be awesome Its new to us and fun...alot more fun than my day job which I am writing from as we speak. Doh!
www.eazilyamuzed.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service