What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 1002

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess it started off as a hobby but became a side job. Maybe it's a jobby? LOL

♥ Deanna/Mommygaga.com
I blog for business reasons but the entries are on a personal level. I enjoy it as a hobby.
A combination of both.

Mine will be combination of both which would be hobby and job at the same time. 

Blogging is therapy for me and I do it as a hobby. I love sharing funny and yummy and beautiful things that I come across.

Jess

www.jessmead.com

I'm very open about intent.  I wrote a parenting book and I'd like to have it published.  Therefore, it's an unpaid job.  I have to recruit new followers and provide quality material for parents so they will come back.

Clay

http://www.tantrumstroublesandtreasures.blogspot.com

My blog right now is a creative outlet for me. I love to write and as a new mom, i've learned a lot from other moms. would I like to get paid? heck yes! I'm a working mom and leaving my child everyday is the last thing i want to do...but i do it. :)

Definitely just a hobby, because a "job" would imply that you're making money from it!
I like the word "jobby"  ; )

Deanna said:
I guess it started off as a hobby but became a side job. Maybe it's a jobby? LOL

♥ Deanna/Mommygaga.com

My blog started out as a hobby but I would love to develop it into so much more.  I write about my family and various subjects as they come to mind.  Anyone who has more experience and can offer me advice would be greatly appreciated.

www.lisachampagne-miner.blogspot.com

This one is about our son:

www.fortheloveofkody.blogspot.com

both.  Started as a hobby but really trying to turn it into something more!
I would like it to be a job.  Wouldn't we all like it to be a job?  Just to live and write about our lives and get paid for it and ultimately brand ourselves like Oprah and get to buy all the jewelry in her magazine and fly to Marrakesh on book tours with George Clooney who happens to be going there as a U.N. Ambassador.  Bring it.  Bring It!!!

RSS

THIS WEEK'S FEATURED GROUP

SUBMIT YOUR GIVEAWAY

Do you have a giveaway and want to know how and where to promote it? Great, join us!

JOIN THIS GROUP!

Who's Pulling for Serena?

If Serena Williams wins the US Open she will be the first tennis player since Steffi Graf to win the calendar slam and she will equal Graf with 22 Grand Slam wins. 

Have you been watching Serena since the tournament started on Monday?

Plus take a look at our Daily Question conversations!

TODAY'S BLOG PROMPT

Connect With Us

Our Largest Groups

© 2015   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service