What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 1001

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Financially, it is a hobby (I have a full-time career outside of blogging so I am only able to blog as time permits). That being said, my background is in writing so I love being able to flex those creative muscles. I also have a marketing background so I love connecting with sponsors and PR reps etc. So technically it is a hobby, but I treat it more like a job if that makes sense...
I guess it started off as a hobby but became a side job. Maybe it's a jobby? LOL

♥ Deanna/Mommygaga.com
I blog for business reasons but the entries are on a personal level. I enjoy it as a hobby.
A combination of both.

Mine will be combination of both which would be hobby and job at the same time. 

Blogging is therapy for me and I do it as a hobby. I love sharing funny and yummy and beautiful things that I come across.

Jess

www.jessmead.com

I'm very open about intent.  I wrote a parenting book and I'd like to have it published.  Therefore, it's an unpaid job.  I have to recruit new followers and provide quality material for parents so they will come back.

Clay

http://www.tantrumstroublesandtreasures.blogspot.com

My blog right now is a creative outlet for me. I love to write and as a new mom, i've learned a lot from other moms. would I like to get paid? heck yes! I'm a working mom and leaving my child everyday is the last thing i want to do...but i do it. :)

Definitely just a hobby, because a "job" would imply that you're making money from it!
I like the word "jobby"  ; )

Deanna said:
I guess it started off as a hobby but became a side job. Maybe it's a jobby? LOL

♥ Deanna/Mommygaga.com

My blog started out as a hobby but I would love to develop it into so much more.  I write about my family and various subjects as they come to mind.  Anyone who has more experience and can offer me advice would be greatly appreciated.

www.lisachampagne-miner.blogspot.com

This one is about our son:

www.fortheloveofkody.blogspot.com

both.  Started as a hobby but really trying to turn it into something more!

RSS

Connect With Us

Latest Activity in Groups

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2015   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service