What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 928

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My blog started out as a hobby but I would love to develop it into so much more.  I write about my family and various subjects as they come to mind.  Anyone who has more experience and can offer me advice would be greatly appreciated.

www.lisachampagne-miner.blogspot.com

This one is about our son:

www.fortheloveofkody.blogspot.com

both.  Started as a hobby but really trying to turn it into something more!
I would like it to be a job.  Wouldn't we all like it to be a job?  Just to live and write about our lives and get paid for it and ultimately brand ourselves like Oprah and get to buy all the jewelry in her magazine and fly to Marrakesh on book tours with George Clooney who happens to be going there as a U.N. Ambassador.  Bring it.  Bring It!!!
So much of both. I love writing and Mom to Bed by 8 gives me lots of it. Though on my best working day I spend at least 5 hours behind the scenes preparing posts and most around 8+.

Wow, it sounds like I'm the same as everyone here. My blog is intended to generate leads for my real estate business and therefore I very much treat it like a job. But I've always loved to write and the feedback on my stories (I write from a real life/humorous perspective) has been extremely emotionally fulfilling. I consider it component of my career that I very much enjoy right now. I'm not sure it will ever be my goal to be paid to blog, but I definitely hope to generate lots more readers in the future and if revenue comes from that, then so be it! Jobby it is. :D

www.realestatetangent.com

I commented on your blog- highly entertaining!

Clay

Tantrums, Troubles, and Treasures

Twitter: @claylauren2001

Elizabeth Newlin said:

Wow, it sounds like I'm the same as everyone here. My blog is intended to generate leads for my real estate business and therefore I very much treat it like a job. But I've always loved to write and the feedback on my stories (I write from a real life/humorous perspective) has been extremely emotionally fulfilling. I consider it component of my career that I very much enjoy right now. I'm not sure it will ever be my goal to be paid to blog, but I definitely hope to generate lots more readers in the future and if revenue comes from that, then so be it! Jobby it is. :D

www.realestatetangent.com

I definitely agree! It's a hobby for now but somehow I'd like to have a revenue of sorts... :)

I'm absolutely amazed at all the amazing bloggers out there and I'm still learning the ropes so I'm happy w/where I am in the bloggosphere as of now...

La Mom said:

Blogging is a hobby for me, but I would love to turn it into a paying job somehow. I approach marketing my blog with the knowledge I acquired on the job though.

I've been blogging for a short time now, but I hardly remember life before blogging and wonder why I didn't get started sooner.

As of now I'm a low paid intern blogger. Meaning, right now I have one paying gig, that I got through my blog. It's a great opportunity, but can not yet pay the bills.My goal this year is to make a full-time salary.

Nacia (Moms in Boyland)

Attachments:
It's a hobby that allows for me to express myself, get my thoughts out, and at times offer my readers something valuable to them.
I love to write and have been since a young age.  Blogging initially started as a stress release, a place to complain, talk about people, and just be myself and express my thoughts onto paper.  It started as a hobby and I continue to see it as such.  I do see it as both, but it's a job I throughly enjoy doing so it's a bonus :)
For me it has become a part time job and a hobby. I am a SAHM of twins.

It started out as just a hobby, but now I'm trying to make it a combination. I love writing and I enjoy giving my opinion to others, so combining these two passions is ideal. I haven't made any money from my blog yet since I'm still starting out. I've been studying about making it a successful business and working on getting more content posted.

Renae

Sharing Bed and Board

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/17/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

12 Days of Christmas Super Sale

Not a member?  Sign up here for your Free
Healthy Home Company Membership
https://mombloggersgiftmembership.com

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

The more moms who are a part of Mom Bloggers for Social Good, the more good we can do through our blogs and social media. Please join us!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service