What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 917

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would love to know more about becoming an affiliate.  Right now I'm trying to build my follower base.

Marcy Massura said:
It started as a hobby. A creative outlet like so many other things in my life; scrapbooking, photography, painting, collage, decorating etc, etc (mylist is LONG!) but now I have turned a corner and have been accepted as an affilate for some of my favorite businesses. So now when people click on an ad on my site...I GET PAID. And it is starting to help justify the passion (and time) I have put into my site. I love blogging....finally I have the audience I have craved for so many years.

Happy to answer questions from anyone about my site, blogging, advertising etc.....!

http://marcywrites
The Glamorous Life Association............Join today!
I would like to network for my home businesses but also meet other moms along the way.  I enjoy knowing that others struggle with the same issues as I do :)  Shaleen

I'm new to blogging and it is a hobby for me still. I love to blog because it gives me a chance to voice my opinions and have adult conversations while stilll being a SAHM!

-Ana

Blogging is a hobby to me.  I do it because I like to document all the fun stuff my family does and pass a few tips along the way.  I'd love to turn it into something more but I don't want to lose sight of what I started out doing.

Amie

http://andweareoffto.blogspot.com/

I LOVE blogging, but I tend to have more than one, since I have an oldie blogging place that I love but its very personal. Blogging for me is definitely a hobby. If I could one day write professionally I would prefer a tangible book, and I would not want to be a blogger/book author personally.
It's a job that I'm lucky to enjoy as a hobby

I would say a combination of both for me. It was just a hobby at first and when I got some sponsors, I think it is my part time job right now,

http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

http://momdaughterreviews.blogspot.com/

Blogging is a hobby and a type of journaling.  I love meeting new people, so I feel connected to other women by blogging too.  I don't think I'm a good writer, I don't even consider myself a writer.  If I make a few extra bucks on the side, awesome.  I'm not counting on blogging though to bring me income.

Great question! It started as hobby and as a way to vent and connect with other moms. But it's been going so well I'm thinking it could maybe turn into more. Would certainly love that!

http://www.mykitchenchaos.com

For me it started as a job...but im loving it so much it becoming more of a hobbie!  To bad i only have one follower :)

For me, blogging is a passion, something I love to do when I am free and at the same time, I am open to all opportunities online., that is buying and selling links.

Anyone interested, please contact me, thanks!

reanact(at)gmail(dot)com

Blogging is defintely a hobby for me. It is also a way for me to help educate others about my son's life-long disease, called Type 1 Diabetes. Since his diagnosis in 2008, we have learned that there are way too many people in this world who really don't know much, if anything, about type 1 diabetes, what these kids can eat/drink, what their little bodies go through every second, minute, hour, day, year, the constant trials the family as a whole faces. There are a lot of misunderstandings about type 1 though, miscommunications about it from the media, and misleading beliefs scattered throughout the internet, media, and locally. So, blogging is my way of reaching out, even if its to just one person, about the TRUTH about this disease, what it's really like having to manage it; live with it, and teach others that...

No, he didn't get this from eating too much candy.

No, he didnt get this from being overweight.

No, I didnt couldnt do anything to stop this from happening.

Yes, he has to get multiple injections/insulin pump site changes every day.

Yes, if he did not have this wonderful drug called Insulin, he would die.

No, its not something you can catch.

No, its not something he can have a cure for.

No, insulin is not a cure, it is his life support.

Yes, he can die from this disease.

No, it is not easy to manage. In fact, it is a very hard, scary, and dangerous disease.

Yes, even just a basic common cold can hospitalize him if he is not WELL taken care of.

No, it is not reversable... or cureable.

Oh, and yes, he CAN have candy... he just has to get insulin to cover the carbohydrates.

www.sugarfreecandyland.blogspot.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

11/24/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service