What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 899

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think this has become more of a job with the benefits of a hobby. Though as my little guy gets older; I am seeing more and more that I have to have a babysitter when I want to work. Gosh I really love writing though and wouldn't change it for the world.
Looking For Roots in the UK and Germany!

To all my Scentsy Friends,
Do you have relatives that live in the UK or Germany ? Do you have a friend that lives in the UK or Germany ? As of April 2011, Scentsy will be expanding into these areas. In hopes of growing my business I am contacting friends and family for help.
Starting in April Scentsy will be holding meetings throughout the UK and Germany to start the kick off of the company there. As an American I can recruit consultants to join my team and then help them grow their own business there. Why am I asking all of you for help? Because you are my roots to the UK and Germany !
Please forward this on to anyone you know that may have an interest in joining my team. I will include the meeting dates for the UK and Germany . If you contact me I can also include you in the e-mails that Scentsy is sending out to all perspective consultants.

Meetings:
Germany :
Munich : April 6th
Berlin : April 7th
Hamburg April 8th
Maninz (Near Frankfurt ) April 9th

UK :
Cardiff April 7th
Belfast April 7th
London April 9th
Manchester April 8th
Cambridge April8th
Edinburgh April 9th

I am very excited for this new transition and want to let others enjoy the Scentsy experience. Please pass this along to anyone that you feel may be interested in this experience. It is a once in a life-time chance.

Find your Unique Scent,
Shaleen Ague , Ind. Scentsy Consultant
http://shaleenague.scentsy.us/
sjrmuscles@yahoo.com
319-533-0883

Just a hobby... being a SAHM, it is a good way for me to vent and document these wonderful days home with my kiddos :-)  It is fun to meet new moms through blogging and also for my family and friends to see what we are up to during the day!

Jen

http://truelifesahm.blogspot.com/

At this time I'm blogging for hobby and hopefully it will turn in to a job. But for the most part it's fun and since I started from scratch a few weeks ago I'm blogging in a whole new light.

I have not officially made any money on my blog, so I wouldn't call it a job. I do however, enjoy blogging so it is definetly a hobby.

My blog is an outlet. Both job related and hobby.  
My theory is: If it inspires me, it's important to share. Some times thats work ( writing, reading or art) and sometimes it's hobby ( all of the above, plus politics and issues that matter to me).
I don't think running away from any issue solves things, but sometimes getting peoples thoughts on it, or expressing yourself in written words makes an issues clearer.
I dont just state my opinion, I ask others what they think too. Well, after all, we are all human and our view points are not always correct.

I am slowly making it a job. I have a movie review blog because I was writing scripts and watching a lot of movies in order to learn more about writing movies. As I was watching them I discovered that previews were ruining so many stories for me. Plus, I have always loved movies. I even wrote a memoir where I discuss how I compare life to movies. So I started a movie review blog - now I am hooked.

I hope everyone stops by to check out a review or 2. I don't see all new movies, but I do try to find the ones that aren't that well known but should be.

Here is the link: http://www.tiredofpreviews.com/ - if you like it - become a friend, follower or fan!

Thanks,

Katy

It's a part-time job; I make small amounts of money from it every month. I really enjoy doing it and would love to do it full time and abandon my other clients. (I'm a freelance writer.) My blogs are www.fortworthonthecheap.com and www.austintxonthecheap.com.
As for me, i think blogging is a hobby and update of what sites that i earn my income from. I want to share and help others to be able to earn some extra income while from home.
right now a hobby, but trying to transition into a business
For me, blogging has become a mission in life.  I don't consider it a hobby but we're working hard to get His message out to the world in our own way!

Blogging is fun for me so I think I would say it's a hobby.  It is my goal to turn it into a resource for people and hopefully earn an income with it.  I'm still learning so that goal is down the road.  As long as I'm having fun with it, it doesn't matter if it's a hobby or job.  I love helping others and that's the basis of my blog.  

It 's interesting to read what others feel as well.  Love the question.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service