What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 1003

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I LOVE blogging, but I tend to have more than one, since I have an oldie blogging place that I love but its very personal. Blogging for me is definitely a hobby. If I could one day write professionally I would prefer a tangible book, and I would not want to be a blogger/book author personally.
It's a job that I'm lucky to enjoy as a hobby

I would say a combination of both for me. It was just a hobby at first and when I got some sponsors, I think it is my part time job right now,

Blogging is a hobby and a type of journaling.  I love meeting new people, so I feel connected to other women by blogging too.  I don't think I'm a good writer, I don't even consider myself a writer.  If I make a few extra bucks on the side, awesome.  I'm not counting on blogging though to bring me income.

Great question! It started as hobby and as a way to vent and connect with other moms. But it's been going so well I'm thinking it could maybe turn into more. Would certainly love that!

For me it started as a job...but im loving it so much it becoming more of a hobbie!  To bad i only have one follower :)

For me, blogging is a passion, something I love to do when I am free and at the same time, I am open to all opportunities online., that is buying and selling links.

Anyone interested, please contact me, thanks!

Blogging is defintely a hobby for me. It is also a way for me to help educate others about my son's life-long disease, called Type 1 Diabetes. Since his diagnosis in 2008, we have learned that there are way too many people in this world who really don't know much, if anything, about type 1 diabetes, what these kids can eat/drink, what their little bodies go through every second, minute, hour, day, year, the constant trials the family as a whole faces. There are a lot of misunderstandings about type 1 though, miscommunications about it from the media, and misleading beliefs scattered throughout the internet, media, and locally. So, blogging is my way of reaching out, even if its to just one person, about the TRUTH about this disease, what it's really like having to manage it; live with it, and teach others that...

No, he didn't get this from eating too much candy.

No, he didnt get this from being overweight.

No, I didnt couldnt do anything to stop this from happening.

Yes, he has to get multiple injections/insulin pump site changes every day.

Yes, if he did not have this wonderful drug called Insulin, he would die.

No, its not something you can catch.

No, its not something he can have a cure for.

No, insulin is not a cure, it is his life support.

Yes, he can die from this disease.

No, it is not easy to manage. In fact, it is a very hard, scary, and dangerous disease.

Yes, even just a basic common cold can hospitalize him if he is not WELL taken care of.

No, it is not reversable... or cureable.

Oh, and yes, he CAN have candy... he just has to get insulin to cover the carbohydrates.

Looking For Roots in the UK and Germany!

To all my Scentsy Friends,
Do you have relatives that live in the UK or Germany ? Do you have a friend that lives in the UK or Germany ? As of April 2011, Scentsy will be expanding into these areas. In hopes of growing my business I am contacting friends and family for help.
Starting in April Scentsy will be holding meetings throughout the UK and Germany to start the kick off of the company there. As an American I can recruit consultants to join my team and then help them grow their own business there. Why am I asking all of you for help? Because you are my roots to the UK and Germany !
Please forward this on to anyone you know that may have an interest in joining my team. I will include the meeting dates for the UK and Germany . If you contact me I can also include you in the e-mails that Scentsy is sending out to all perspective consultants.

Germany :
Munich : April 6th
Berlin : April 7th
Hamburg April 8th
Maninz (Near Frankfurt ) April 9th

UK :
Cardiff April 7th
Belfast April 7th
London April 9th
Manchester April 8th
Cambridge April8th
Edinburgh April 9th

I am very excited for this new transition and want to let others enjoy the Scentsy experience. Please pass this along to anyone that you feel may be interested in this experience. It is a once in a life-time chance.

Find your Unique Scent,
Shaleen Ague , Ind. Scentsy Consultant

Just a hobby... being a SAHM, it is a good way for me to vent and document these wonderful days home with my kiddos :-)  It is fun to meet new moms through blogging and also for my family and friends to see what we are up to during the day!

At this time I'm blogging for hobby and hopefully it will turn in to a job. But for the most part it's fun and since I started from scratch a few weeks ago I'm blogging in a whole new light.

I have not officially made any money on my blog, so I wouldn't call it a job. I do however, enjoy blogging so it is definetly a hobby.

Question of the Day

When you make your to-do lists, do you write them via tech or on paper?

Share what you prefer.

Plus take a look at our Daily Question conversations!

Hey Blogger Moms! Let's support each other on Instagram! Post your Instagram I.D. or address on the comment. It may be helpful to say you are from MBC.

Let's support each other!

© 2015   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service