What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 941

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think blogging should stay a hobby. It would be very challenging to turn it into a moneymaker. I use my blog on my business webpage and it seems to be a natural fit there. If anyone has good advice on how to get more readers I think all of us would be all ears!

I am a teacher and I thought blogging would be a great summer job, but school's not out and I have discovered how time-consuming it can be!  Right now I feel rushed and don't have the time to really enjoy all of the great blogs out there.  My main objective right now is to build a following and get some advertisers so this summer I can really focus on adding rich and relevant content to my blog. http://www.frugalteacher.com

Louise

My blog started as a hobby last summer, in October I linked up with two  great affiliates and joined a couple of programs to have money making blogging opportunities.  We had been a one income family for 8 years.  My hubby is thrilled that I have been putting a few hundred in the bank each month.  It is our get out of debt and play money!!  Now my hubby begs me to blog which makes me happy.
It's definitely a hobby but I'm trying to make it a job as well! I'm a single mom and the more money I can make at home to be with my kids the better!!!
I do mine as mostly a hobby. Although I would like to be able to earn money from it. 

Personally I blog because I want to give people an opportunity to feel like they are in a real person's space. Often times people treat their blogs like a shoe store or a car lot. Everything is "Sell, Sell, Sell". Not only is this annoying, but it runs potential customers away.

I take the approach of inviting folks into my home. Let's chat, sip on tea and catch up. Then maybe if you'd like, you can come to a gathering with my other friends and we can network.

So  I do a combo move...I think it's a better fit.

For me it's still a hybrid.

That will hopefully overtime develop into more of a job.

I have my favorite affiliate links on this page if anyone is interested http://athriftydiva.blogspot.com/p/making-money.html

Wow! Thanks for sharing these!  I just started my blog a little over a month ago and was wondering about affiliates.  I am already doing a few of these, but your list will be extremely helpful.  School is almost out so I will have a more time to get serious!

Louise, The Frugal Teacher

www.frugalteacher.com

michelle cantu said:

I have my favorite affiliate links on this page if anyone is interested http://athriftydiva.blogspot.com/p/making-money.html

Blogging is a way to pursuing my love of writing. I do it mostly for fun. My latest post is - Do you love your love life? This was my favorite chapter; Meagan saved the best for last.http://boysrising.blogspot.com/2011/06/becoming-happiest-mom-love-y...

For me it is a hobby, although I would like to make a lil money of it since I spend so much time on my blogs. But, it doesn't seem like I have the niche for that, so in the mean time I'll just keep blogging because I enjoy it.

Madison

My Meddling Mind

A little of both. I started out blogging as a hobby but it has evolved into a full time job. It would be nice if it was a full time paying job.

RSS

FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA

Blog Prompt

Question of the Day

Alone Time

Do you take a few hours to go out alone, take a deep breath and recharge?