What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 1005

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Both, but I have to say more of a hobby and a theraputic outlet.
Blogging is a hobby for me, I've only been blogging for a really short period of time (Started at the beginning of September) before that I keep a journal. 
Blogging was hobby at first that turned into me having my own shop.I would say it combination of both job/hobby since i'm blogging about upcoming items and sharing some things i really like
Blogging is a hobby, but interestingly enough, because of blogging (and digging into all techy stuff) I was able to get jobs doing graphic design and website design in relation to my retail degree!
For now its a hobby; a very new hobby. I would love to make a job out of it though! :)
Well I just started Blogging so for me right now I would say a hobby.

I started my blog to support my business www.crocodilecrunchkids.com  So I suppose it's a job?  But it feels much more personal and fun, so I guess I'm at the combo part!

Blogging is a combination of hobby and job for me. I had NO idea about the monetary/benefits mom bloggers were capable of earning when I started (and I have been an Internet marketing consultant for over a decade; doh!). I came in expecting nothing and that is what I still believe! Since we live on one income, the extra perks I can provide mean a lot to me. Whether I receive a small commission for ads or a great prize from a giveaway, I feel better about myself for contributing (just realized that sounds sad... it isn't!). I love writing, networking, reviewing products and providing giveaways for my readers. I've been able to learn about, experience, or just read reviews fellow bloggers have compiled: I have learned a lot through blogging over the past few years and although this is a hobby: I love making it a job :) "...Gotta stay up until 1AM to finish reviews and launch a giveaway", (husband rolls his eyes; I sprint off with coffee and MacBook.:.!!!) 
For me, blogging is what kept me from depression.  My husband was deployed to Afghanistand and I was home with three kids (three and under).  I needed an outlet.  I knew what my interests were but I had no idea how to inorporate them into my daily life.  I needed something to fill up MY tank!  One day, my aunt suggested that I start a blog for moms.  It was perfect, a fit!  Ideally, I'd love for it to turn into something but for now, it has brought me back to normal.  It has given me an outlet.  I am so thankful that I started my blog!
It started as a hobby and has become a LOVE and my job! I do some paid blogs here and there, but now i'm about to release my first book based on the blog. Crazy where I started and where i've ended up!
 Right now it is a hobby and a new learning experience.  Reading and studying everything I can to turn it into a combination of both.
Blogging is a hobby for me as well. It would be nice to see a few dollars come in, but I don't think I could ever turn it into a job full time. I wish I had more time to blog, but I don't think I would like the feeling of pressure to bring income from blogging.

MBC Cutie of the Week

Uploaded by Katie Wiederholt. Upload a photo of your cutie. They may be featured here. See all of the cuties.

Question of the Day

Rexlaxing on Thanksgiving + You

Did you have a lovely Thanksgiving? How was your day?

Do you have a giveaway and want to know how and where to promote it? Great, join us!

Link to Us

© 2015   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service