What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 893

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I started my blog to support my business www.crocodilecrunchkids.com  So I suppose it's a job?  But it feels much more personal and fun, so I guess I'm at the combo part!

Blogging is a combination of hobby and job for me. I had NO idea about the monetary/benefits mom bloggers were capable of earning when I started (and I have been an Internet marketing consultant for over a decade; doh!). I came in expecting nothing and that is what I still believe! Since we live on one income, the extra perks I can provide mean a lot to me. Whether I receive a small commission for ads or a great prize from a giveaway, I feel better about myself for contributing (just realized that sounds sad... it isn't!). I love writing, networking, reviewing products and providing giveaways for my readers. I've been able to learn about, experience, or just read reviews fellow bloggers have compiled: I have learned a lot through blogging over the past few years and although this is a hobby: I love making it a job :) "...Gotta stay up until 1AM to finish reviews and launch a giveaway", (husband rolls his eyes; I sprint off with coffee and MacBook.:.!!!) 
For me, blogging is what kept me from depression.  My husband was deployed to Afghanistand and I was home with three kids (three and under).  I needed an outlet.  I knew what my interests were but I had no idea how to inorporate them into my daily life.  I needed something to fill up MY tank!  One day, my aunt suggested that I start a blog for moms.  It was perfect, a fit!  Ideally, I'd love for it to turn into something but for now, it has brought me back to normal.  It has given me an outlet.  I am so thankful that I started my blog!
It started as a hobby and has become a LOVE and my job! I do some paid blogs here and there, but now i'm about to release my first book based on the blog. Crazy where I started and where i've ended up!
 Right now it is a hobby and a new learning experience.  Reading and studying everything I can to turn it into a combination of both.
Blogging is a hobby for me as well. It would be nice to see a few dollars come in, but I don't think I could ever turn it into a job full time. I wish I had more time to blog, but I don't think I would like the feeling of pressure to bring income from blogging.
Blogging is a combination of a job and hobby.  My blog is my testing ground for ideas for my radio show.   I've been blogging for about 3 years but am just recently starting to get a little more serious and thoughtful with my posts.
Just a hobby!  If I could get paid to blog that would be awesome!  I don't know anything about that though and my blog is very amateur.  Just for fun!
Kristie - come join my Newbie Blog Hop and/or my Newbie Blog Hop Facebook Group!! We cater to new bloggers and we ALL learn together about making money AND blogging for fun!!

I do it as a hobby but inside I would love to know that doing what I love might take me somewhere. I blog about life, kids, parenting, ideas on organizing and photography.

www.undecidedmama1329.com

or follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/Em_211

For now, it is a hobby.  I am quite new to blogging.  However, I have this grand illusion that it may turn into an income generating venture one day. :-)

http://www.auxilioabalto.us/et.al

currently a hobby. but looking fwd to turning it into a business when my kids are older. Actually its a ground work towards a real offline business I have in mind.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service