What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 941

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blogging is a hobby for me as well. It would be nice to see a few dollars come in, but I don't think I could ever turn it into a job full time. I wish I had more time to blog, but I don't think I would like the feeling of pressure to bring income from blogging.
Blogging is a combination of a job and hobby.  My blog is my testing ground for ideas for my radio show.   I've been blogging for about 3 years but am just recently starting to get a little more serious and thoughtful with my posts.
Just a hobby!  If I could get paid to blog that would be awesome!  I don't know anything about that though and my blog is very amateur.  Just for fun!
Kristie - come join my Newbie Blog Hop and/or my Newbie Blog Hop Facebook Group!! We cater to new bloggers and we ALL learn together about making money AND blogging for fun!!

I do it as a hobby but inside I would love to know that doing what I love might take me somewhere. I blog about life, kids, parenting, ideas on organizing and photography.

www.undecidedmama1329.com

or follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/Em_211

For now, it is a hobby.  I am quite new to blogging.  However, I have this grand illusion that it may turn into an income generating venture one day. :-)

http://www.auxilioabalto.us/et.al

currently a hobby. but looking fwd to turning it into a business when my kids are older. Actually its a ground work towards a real offline business I have in mind.

An aussie expat, living in the USA survival and sanity project.

My coupon blog started out as a hobby with my sister and myself...a way to stay connected across the country doing what we loved to do...coupon!  Right now I am currently facing losing my job and want to expand my blog to become a stay at home mom, which will be a BIG CHANGE considering I've been in the corporate world for over 20 years. 

It's been mostly a hobby, but I'm now trying to figure out how I can take it up a step. I don't want it to become a full-time overpowering job, but something in between.

It's both…I wouldn't have much time to dedicate to it if it weren't also an income. 

Mine started out as a hobby and turned into a job. My plan for the new year is to find a balance between the two.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Daily Blog Prompt

Question of the Day

Weekend Plans

What will you do this weekend? Get out and enjoy the weather or stay in for a leisurely weekend?