What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 897

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blogging is my mental sanity! I love to write and have information to share so I figured why not blog? I would love for it to become a job someday (actually get paid for doing something I love).  Right now i'm just helping to make life easier for a few parents out there who learn anything from my posts. 

Blogging has also been a form of maintaining adult contact and conversation. I'm at home with my 2 year old twins as a stay at home mom and blogging helps me give my brain a work out so that i'm not only thinking about who hasn't pooped today. I really don't want to revert to primitive language so that I start thinking "mommy no want to go store".

Life has drastically changed since mother-hoood and twindom. It's been quite the adjustment going from working as an RN to staying at home with twins. 

As I type this my little ones have decided they both need to be in my lap. Of course, neither wants to share this lap. I guess that ends my time here. Maybe I can return during nap time....

Janice of MommaWords.com

Blogging is my passion, and my business. I started off focusing on producing good content, building my brand and community, and now I am focusing on making money from it. Things are really starting to fall into place and I am expecting to be going full time with it soon. Yeah!
Right now it is a hobby that I am working on turning into a business, I'd love to be a stay-at-home mommy and I hope my blog can help me to achieve this goal :) 

Would love it if you could stop on by and follow me at http://www.mommydigger.com and say hello :)
Blogging is a hobby for me. I do reviews and giveaways and this keeps the costs of gifts down at my house because I tend to use what I review for that. But sometimes I get stuff for me!
I actually use blogging a little differently. It's not so much a hobby as a digital keepsake. I write all the little details about what is going on in our daily lives. It's kind of like keeping a journal but better because I can share it with my friends and family. I wish I could make money on it but that doesn't seem to be happening. Its all good, though. If we had extra money I'd be shopping instead of hanging out with my kids.
I think blogging should stay a hobby. It would be very challenging to turn it into a moneymaker. I use my blog on my business webpage and it seems to be a natural fit there. If anyone has good advice on how to get more readers I think all of us would be all ears!

I am a teacher and I thought blogging would be a great summer job, but school's not out and I have discovered how time-consuming it can be!  Right now I feel rushed and don't have the time to really enjoy all of the great blogs out there.  My main objective right now is to build a following and get some advertisers so this summer I can really focus on adding rich and relevant content to my blog. http://www.frugalteacher.com

Louise

My blog started as a hobby last summer, in October I linked up with two  great affiliates and joined a couple of programs to have money making blogging opportunities.  We had been a one income family for 8 years.  My hubby is thrilled that I have been putting a few hundred in the bank each month.  It is our get out of debt and play money!!  Now my hubby begs me to blog which makes me happy.
It's definitely a hobby but I'm trying to make it a job as well! I'm a single mom and the more money I can make at home to be with my kids the better!!!
I do mine as mostly a hobby. Although I would like to be able to earn money from it. 

Personally I blog because I want to give people an opportunity to feel like they are in a real person's space. Often times people treat their blogs like a shoe store or a car lot. Everything is "Sell, Sell, Sell". Not only is this annoying, but it runs potential customers away.

I take the approach of inviting folks into my home. Let's chat, sip on tea and catch up. Then maybe if you'd like, you can come to a gathering with my other friends and we can network.

So  I do a combo move...I think it's a better fit.

For me it's still a hybrid.

That will hopefully overtime develop into more of a job.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service