What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

So many mom bloggers are in different phases of blogging. Some are brand-new to blogging and consider it a hobby. Other moms have been blogging for years and now consider it a hybrid between a hobby and a job. And some mom bloggers approach their blogs strictly from a business point of view.

What is blogging for you? A job, a hobby, or a combination of both?

Views: 994

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blogging is a hobby for me. I have been blogging for about a month now. I'm not sure if I want to turn it into a business or not. My blog is about sweets and I love it, but I also love making jewelry so I'm not sure what I want to do yet.

It is a combination of both, but leaning more towards a hobby. I love blogging about mental health, autism related issues and every now and than I throw in a rant and ramble on.:)

Stop by!  My Meddling Mind

Blogging is just a hobby and for fun for me. I thought I'd give it go for when I had some "me" time. I don't think it'll ever turn into a job.

Blogging is now my job. I find that I am helping more and more people learn how to do it. I also teach ebook creation, formatting and design using MS Word. I am also a resource for sharing ideas for how to blog more efficiently and find great tools to make the job easier!

Check out my blogs:

Mom Blogger 101

RichSingleMomma.com

@t Once Communications

That's great! Way to rise to the top. Not all single mothers can do that, I know I've struggled as a single mother for the last 2 years. It's always great seeing single mothers making it on their own.
It's one of my favorite hobbies! It's a creative outlet for me.
Currently, it's a hobby, though one day it would be fabulous to turn it into a paying job. I run a blog devoted to all-things paper related (something I wish to dabble more in is paper-crafting/creating).
Blogging is a combination of both for me. Being a writer blogging came naturally and started off as an online journal. Since becoming a work at home mom, I've become interested in turning my blog into a business, however I think the struggle for me is #1. carving out my niche.... everyone has a "mommy blog" and #2. finding a way to monetize my blog without having it full of blatant advertisements.

I blogg for fun, for hobby, and for having something like a forever journal for my kids to read. As well there is many recipes and crochet pattern on my blog, that I keep simply baceuse I do not have any recipe books or anything like that. My blog is something that I can always get back to if I'm looking for the recipe :)

I'm hoping that someday my kids will be reading it like a online scrapbook :). I do not think I would want to change the character of my blog just to get paid for that.

Blogging is deffinitly a hobby for me! Its an outlet for me where I can share my thoughts, feelings and ideas. Its also a great place to share products with others, recipes and fun stuff!
It's been a hobby for me and most importantly, and outlet.
Blogging is a hobby for me.  It feels like a job sometimes but without the pay... lol.  I would love to be able to make a few bucks to help out with the bills.

RSS

© 2015   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service