I have signed up on Technorati, but I must admit (reluctantly of course!) that I'm not sure what the hype is all about. I've noticed that other bloggers are members, so I thought I'd ask for a few more details from my blogging "guru's" on the subject.

Thanks!

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

to be honest, I don't really 'get' it either. I just plug away, doing what I'm doing and my rating has gone up slowly but surely. I think it has a lot to do with the number of links that point to your blog but that's just a guess.

I'm interested to hear what others have to say too!
What about using Technorati tags? That used to be the thing to do 1-2 years ago, but I don't see bloggers doing it as much these days. It's supposed to help get you traffic, but that's not coming across in my numbers. Still on my TypePad blogs, it's easy to add, so I do it anyway.
I would be much more positive about Technorati if my blogs would get updated correctly. There are so many gaps in my posts because their system wouldn't ping correctly or because my blog was flagged to confirm it wasn't spam or because... who knows... But I leave it there because I've had a few companies asking for Technorati ratings for doing reviews. Not that my rating is any good since it doesn't update correctly but at least I have something to give them.

I would be perfectly happy if people decided Technorati wasn't worth keeping so I could purge the code from my blogs.
I don't think Technorati has much influence like it once did. Instead of giving Technorati numbers to the companies who want you to review, give them your Google pagerank or just basic monthly uniques and pageviews.
Technorati is one site I have never gotten though I am a member. Good luck!

RSS

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service