I would like to make-over my blog within the next six months, and I want to make sure that I go about it the smart way.

Do any of you have a blog plan that you'd like to share? What should I do first when it comes to making my site a "grown-up" blog? I posted a question about obtaining a domain and migrating to wordpress.org, but I'd like to know if there are any step-by-step processes already in place when it comes to developing a really sophisticated blog.

Also, how much money should I be ready to invest in order to get a somewhat decent amount of traffic?

Thanks for your guidance, as always!

Jamie at TwoBlueLines

Tags: plan

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do have some step by step for migrating into wordpress. First things first, you do have to know that there is a difference between the free wordpress blogging site and the wordpress that you pay for.

Please do sign up for my newsletter so I am able to help you more. 

Also, follow our Blog

I've just started my blog {Nov. 6th}... My plan is to basically blog about my life and help people as well. As far as making my site look "grown up" I'm pretty okay with the way it looks now. And you necessarily don't have to have your own domain to generate traffic or look sophisticated... Check out: http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com Jen's blog is awesome and sophisticated and it's under a sub-domain still! She's familiar with HTML and CSS so her blog is designed by her. But I guess it really depends on who your audience is and what your exact plan is, like what are your intentions for your blog? Why did you start blogging? etc.

But if you are looking to tweak your blog... you'll probably need to invest in hiring a web designer to get someone to make you a banner, layout, buttons, etc. If you don't know who to do it yourself or if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. Just google "custom blog design" and some pretty good sites with people who are familiar with this type of work should come up. You seem like you really want your own domain so you'll have to put money in to that as well, you could do that with blogger or wordpress, whichever one that seems to suit your needs better... For traffic, I suggest guest posting and giveaways! Giveaways usually cost, depending on what you're giving away... Also, lot's of time! Take time to really comment on other blogs, people love comments and if they get them from your frequently, they'll be sure to visit your blog.

Hope I helped :)
http://thriftybliss.blogspot.com
xo -S

You have to ready Blogging with Amy.  I followed her directions step by step and couldn't be happier.

I have the same plan with my blog. I think in devising a plan, you have to think about what your goals are for your blog? Who's your target audience? Will you have guest bloggers? Will you do reviews? Will you offer advertising?

How much do you want to invest in your blog? You can just buy a domain name and use wordpress.com or buy a domain name and hosting for wordpress.org.

As far as traffic, it's all about your keywords. I had someone do an SEO plan for $5.00 on www.fiverr.com. I t was extremely helpful.

Thanks for the tips! Raki, I just browsed Amy's site and can't wait to dig a little deeper.

I meant to write the link to my list signup:

http://eepurl.com/CS-r

KG said:

I do have some step by step for migrating into wordpress. First things first, you do have to know that there is a difference between the free wordpress blogging site and the wordpress that you pay for.

Please do sign up for my newsletter so I am able to help you more. 

Also, follow our Blog

I have been in a similar process, here's my recent blog entry about forming my blog plan: 

http://ceilidhontherun.com/?p=1490

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/27/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service