What is your REAL purpose in leaving a comment on a blog for the first time?

Is it 1. to have the person come and return the visit 2. expand your readership 3. both or 4. explain....

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am still trying to set up my Blog so when I visit a Blog and leave that first comment, I truly appreciated what I read and want the Blogger to know that someone has recognized it. I also add them to my favs in bookmarks even if I choose not to follow them at that time and intend to visit again. I usually do visit again and 90% of Blogs I commented on I am still visiting. I have found a small few that have traveled off the deep end to nowhere or that the one post I read ended up being the only post that was interesting. I love finding Blogs that have a purpose but I also love to read their daily antics, gripes, and even reviews. I wish all Blogs had a section "Just comment" and we could post just anything relevant to their Blog as a whole. There are a few that are very impressive Blogs as a whole.
I will post a comment if I feel I want to say something. I don't have a motive.
I can't even get to all the blogs I love to comment on. It creates a sense of community and I love meeting new people.
I comment because I like (or didnt' like) what was said. If they come read my blog, that's a bonus!
I just started my blog www.thismamaworksit.com about 3 weeks ago and now truly understand and appreciate how much comments mean to a blogger. So before I had a blog I would read a lot of blogs but not really comment. So most of the blogs I follow didn't even really know I was following them For some reason I thought if I didn't have my own blog I shouldn't comment. Not sure why I thought that but I did. But now that I have a blog I comment all the time on the blogs I love. I do it 1. because I want them to know I am reading (and have been) reading their blogs 2. I want to be a part of the community 3. And now that I have my own blog I want other people to know about it and come see what I have to talk about. But I only comment if I have something to say.
All of the above but, mostly because I LOVE to share my thoughts. I used to take it personal when I would receive 2 or 3 comments and my stats would be off the charts. I decided to just let that go and keep on blogging. If people want to comment they will, if they don't, they won't! Great Post!
I leave comments because I am interested in what the blogger has to say and I feel I have something to add to the conversation or because I want to tell them that I appreciate what they have taken the time to write.
I leave comments when i have something to say. I'm not a big fan of leaving a comment just to get someone to come to my blog. I look at it as just spamming. If you truelly have something to say and that get's you a page view or a follower than great but i don't like to spam other's blogs.
If I'm interested I'll leave a comment, but lately I have been trying to build more of a community and leaving comments is big if that's your goal
I reply when something catches my eye or I have a similar experience or something that was shared helped me. I do hope that they'll visit my blog, but it's not my main reason for commenting.
I comment on blogs that I find interesting. If they want to come to my blog and check it out then by all means and if not, that is fine too. I comment to let them know I found their content interesting enough to want to read it and let them know I liked it. I don't consider commenting a form of advertising for my blog.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/23/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service