I've been curious about this for awhile.  What percentage of your readers actually comment on your blog.  10%, 25%, more, less?

Just trying to get a sense of if the amount of interaction I am getting is typical or not.

Thanks!

Tags: comments, traffic

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So far I have about a 5-10% rate of comments. I have no idea if that is normal or not though! :)
-Elizabeth
I would say for mine... 2% LOL!

I get more comments from non-followers then I do my own followers.
How can you rate the amount? Does Google Analytics actually have a part of their menu that will tell you how many readers are commenting? There's so much I still don't know about Analytics.
Well no. But on any given day, you know how many visitors you have...and how many of them comment you can tell by looking at your comments for the day.
Thanks Molly. It never occurred to me that I'd need to do come calculations on my own. :) I will check it out.
I haven't figured the percentage, but it is way lower than what I'd like!
I don't know how many visitors I have -- I never run any analytics on my blog. So I'm not sure!

On a day I'm posting a meme I often get 10-12-17/18 comments. Other times I wind up w. like 5-6 or so. Really depends on what I've had to say that day.

Good luck calculating!
It depends on the post. My blog is primarily about Autism and my son who is on the spectrum. When I post about that I get about 25% of my readers commenting, since a lot of them are moms of kids with special needs.
Very few as compared to how many view.
I've never calculated the exact percentage, as the majority of our site's visitors are actually not bloggers. I think that makes a real difference. On my personal site, which I don't SEO or promote in anyway, gets a handful of comments each week, though. Maybe 20% participation...?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/26/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service