What would you do if you saw something disturbing in a blog that you were visiting?

I'm one of those meme participants and entrecard droppers so I visit at least a few hundred blogs per day on average. Most of the blogs are sites that I visit on a regular basis.

Today while dropping cards, I glanced over to the post area and saw a suicide letter. At first I thought drama- like they discontinued someone's favorite Haagan Daz. So, out of curiosity I continued to read. This was genuine. In her mind, this young mom was done with it all.

I don't know this person. I have no idea where she lives or anything else that's personal- besides the obvious. I left her a comment urging her to go talk to someone.

What would you have done?

Tags: blogging, suicide

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Harriet, wow.
This is beyond intense.
You responded perfectly. I don't know what else you can do? It makes your heart hurt to know that someone is in that much pain yet you can't physically get to them, hoping that just by being there to sit with them you can help them through.
I would have done the same thing you did.
Wow. Uh, wow.
I think you had the appropriate response, too. There isn't much else you can do. I really, really hope she takes your advice.
I agree with Anne and Keely...you did what you can and left some good advise. I hope she was listening to what you were saying. Time will tell you if/when you go back to that blog.
I think you did the only think you could have done. I'm an Entrecard dropper too and have found some posts where the writer is clearly in a lot of emotional pain. I've given the same advice that you have. I hope that this Mom has found someone who can help her to heal.
I think I would have done the same thing. Something like that is a clear sign of "help me!" or "someone listen!" All moms know how overwhelming motherhood can be at times. I wouldn't ignore something like that. It's not in my character. :)

RSS

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service