When Your Child Asks You Not to Blog About Them Anymore..........

What would you say?

My near 10 year old has asked me not to blog about her anymore. She's becoming self-aware and feels embarassed and silly from my posts. I never try to portray my children in a negative light. I just write what my heart feels and the emotions that impact me from our interactions.

She enjoys reading my posts and I hear her laughing at many of them, but the ones about her are affecting her in some way.

Any suggestions?

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd respect her wishes - it sends the message that you take her opinions seriously. It's too bad because you lose the "keepsake" aspect of your blog relative to this time in her life (which she might look back on and cherish), but you could always start a private journal for those posts about her that she doesn't want published.
this is a tough one, I hope you can find the right answer for your family. As a person with many issues and conflicts with my own mother I would stop if my kids asked me to. In the end my relationship with them is the priority and I'm sure you feel the same way of course.
My kids LOVE that I blog and I can't always let them read (They don't think I swear ....or so I assume!) mine so I often read them the posts outloud that I think they'll like. They know that the new tradition is for them to get a birthday blog. They love that!!!!! I probably don't blog about my kids as much as I should because I've never thought of myself as that much of a "true" mommy blogger, but when I do, I try to be careful. Kids might not understand what's meant in humor.

My son is 10 and in 5th. He has is own blog. He loves it....unfortunately it's been a REALLY busy school year so he has not had time to update since Sept...but once winter sets in he will. I monitor it and he likes to have me proof read. It's just simple and fun yet he thinks it's a big deal http://hermanswackyworld.blogspot.com/
My thirteen year old son said something so funny last night I was crying. I asked him how he worded it (so I could remember for my blog) and he said he wasn't going to tell me because it wasn't going in my blog. Darn it!

Oh, and yes, respect her wishes.
No suggestions; sorry. Just empathy. My eleven yr old son does exactly the same. I really wish he hadn't found my blog so I would feel free to ask and discuss things that would certainly be embarrassing to him.
In lieu of blogging about those issues , I found that networks and forums such as Mom Bloggers are helpful.
Still... they are the biggest part of our lives; of course we want to talk about it.
Maybe our kids are just at that bewitching age?
My daughter is 20 and she just started her own travel blog from Europe. I even link her on my blogroll. And she links me from hers. She never told me not to write about her. I take care what I say, though, about all of my family members. Even my husband, lol.

If she were younger, she might have more embarrassment about it I think. I would definitely respect her wishes. I can see how this will cramp your action. (((hugs)))

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10/25/14 BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service