Which family member was the hardest to buy for this holiday?

Mine - my 13 year old son won this by miles! He literally didn't want anything - at all. Hello 13 year old boys should want something right? All he asked for was clothing. WHAT? So, the only thing I have even remotely heard him talk about this year is an iPod... so I bought him one just so he would have something to open.

Tags: Holiday, family, gifts, kids, moms

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oy...my mom! I get so tired of getting her the same bath and body stuff so I tried to figure out something different. It's a mixed basket of her favorite things.
All of the boys (okay, men) in my family are hard to buy for. This year, my sister's husband wins the prize as the hardest. Luckily, Sister K came through at the last minute with a surefire gift idea. Yay!
My mom is usually the easiest and only because she doesn't like anything... so I get her the usual because I know she will be happy with it. LOL. I usually do a gift basket with a sparkling cider, a champagne glass, a flavored coffee, different teas, and a few hot cocoas with a mug. Each year it is different- like this year, I made a hot cocoa mix instead of buying packets. She likes it and I know it is something that will be used.
My husband. Everything he wants he'd have to go try on himself like motorcycle glasses. Or something like a new stereo for his truck, which I told him just to go out and get it himself.
Haha... I do that sometimes. If it is something really specific like that, I just have them pick it out. Not as exciting but at least they will have what they want.
my husband...he's so technical and im totally the opposite!!
EVERYBODY! I wish I would have started in January to do my Christmas shopping! Because everyone is so hard to buy for, I ended up giving gift cards. And that is really NO FUN! So, my goal is to start shopping early, shop hard, shop online and have everything done by OCT LOL, wish me luck!

Happy Trails~
My husbands parents! They are both divorced and are remarried so it's doubly hard! And of course my hubby never has any idea what to get them all!
My brother-in-law. Men are hard to buy for in general. But this guy is near impossible. As a matter of fact, I ended up getting him a gift card to Home Depot and haven't even mailed it yet. (Poor guy!)
Definitely my husband. He has pretty much everything he wants. I ended up giving him cash. hee hee
my 8 year old only wanted things that cost over $100 each. Nintendo DS and a Barbie Jeep among other things. *sigh*

My 13 year old said he just wanted to be with his family for the holidays.  I nearly fell over!  We are getting him (and his bro) longboards.  Hope they do not get hurt!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

12/26/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service