I'm getting a blog makeover and I'm trying to decide on which layout I prefer.

I'm upgrading to a three column blog. Which do you prefer?

Narrow Column, Content Column, Narrow Column

or

Content Column, Narrow Column, Narrow Column

Tamra
Front Porch Reviews

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

anyone?
The first, definitely. That's the way I have my blog set up.
Oh, and I'm following you now!

www.momma-molly.com
My blog is the second layout and I switched from a layout like the first and will never go back. :)
I am torn on this one. I like the look of both. It seems like the second option is getting more popular lately with the blogs I frequent, this might be sign to go with option one just to be different from the crowd. ;)
I think it totally depends on what your content of your sidebars are. If they are going to be lots of animated banners, I would prefer to have them all on one side of the blog I am viewing. If it links on one side and links/banners/logos/ads/etc on the other, that is fine too.

My blog is currently the 2nd (content, side, side) as I liked the way the other stuff was handled. (header, general theme of the page)
I like either one provided there is not a lot of busy stuff. If there is a lot of busy stuff on one the page (flashing buttons, etc), I prefer the content to be on one side so I can block out the other side. Otherwise, either is fine. Mine is three column and the content is on the left side. Though I might switch it up...haven't decided.
I like :
narrow, content, and narrow... just me
go w/ the second. narrow content narrow is old school.
It's pretty much 50/50. Making my decision even harder. :)
Thanks for your input!!!!
narrow, content, narrow
IMHO, I like the content column, narrow column, narrow column. I was a design professor at a private art college for a long time (but I'm still a blogging newbie), and my experience tells me to focus on the content, not the flash and distraction of the ads. My background is advertising, so I believe it is VERY important, however YOUR content should be front and center.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service