I've seen many bloggers fret over switching from Blogger to Wordpress, however they seem determined that it's the best way to go. Why? What is the difference? More control over your layout? More traffic? What's it all about?

Tags: Blog, Traffic, Wordpress

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dalia - can you link to the group? I was unable to pull it up.
Okay I'll answer a few and then leave a few for others to chime in on.

The pricing was minimal in my opinion. I went with Godaddy.com. They charge 4.99 a month for Wordpress hosting. I already owned my domain name which I purchased for about 9.00 for the year and you are more than welcome to choose a free theme. But I did purchase one.

If you are not tech savvy I would suggest paying someone to do it for you because it can be a bit overwhelming.
Thanks for your input!
Hi Ann! I switched from Blogger to wordpress because you can create many pages and wordpress has a plugin call all in one seo pack that will help you drive more traffic to your site.
Word Press With A Punch

Benefits of What Is Your Blogs Name blogging service:
*Over 200 Themes To Choose From
*80 different functional Plugins
*Built in SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
*Promotional Tools To Build Your Business
*Belong to Advertising Network to spread the word about your business through group advertising
*Learn how to get it for free and be paid to blog
*Put all your business in one spot
*More Exposure! More Sales! More Income!
*Watch A Short Video
Have Questions contact me and I can tell you more karrenh@gmail.com
I switched from Blogger to Wordpress.com a few months ago and never looked back. I only lasted on Wordpress.com for a few months before I switched to Wordpress.org for all the reasons listed above. It is awesome, looks very professional, and has SO many great features.
I've used both in the past. I'm just sticking with blogger at the moment. Only downside to it is it's hard to come across nice templates and such...
For an example of a self-hosted WP site, take a look at ours and tell us what you think! http://russianparent.com/en .
Very nice. Is this a custom theme?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service