The TalkingShopping.com gals saw an article on Yahoo's Shine this morning about gender prediction kits. It got us to wondering two things. #1 Would people really use a gender prediction kit to "select" the sex of their baby and #2 if you just wanted to know to kill your curiosity, is it really worth $240? Most women get an ultrasound between 16 and 20 weeks anyway and can find out then for no additional cost.

What do you think? Are these "kits" dangerous and are they worth the price tag?

Tags: gender, prediction, pregnancy, sex

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I certainly don't think they're worth the price tag. I wouldn't buy one. Not when I know an ultrasound is coming.

I think some people are just super impatient.

And if the point of them is to find out sooner so that they can "choose" to have the child or not then I think that's really messed up and evil.
To answer the question posed in the title, yes, if I could do so in a way that would not harm my child, yes I WOULD want to choose the sex of my baby.

I would not do this in a medical sense. I would not want a gender prediction kit or an amniocentesis or anything in that sense.

But I currently have 2 girls and would like to try for another baby this year. IF I could safely choose with 100% certainty a boy I have to be honest, YES I WOULD.

Of course this isn't possible. To the best of my knowledge there is little you can do SAFELY to select the gender of your baby. I am however aware of methods you can use to try and move the odds into your favor. Sure it's not 100%, it might bump the odds up to a measly 60%, but I'll take that extra 10% to avoid having THREE TEENAGE GIRLS in my house in the future. (images self bald from pulling out all my hair)

So what I did was purchase this book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0767926102
How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby: Fully revised and updated (Paperback)
by Landrum B. Shettles

I plan on following the methods to concieve a boy. Will it work? I don't know. Will I be devistated if it doesn't? NO. And that's the key.

Sure I'd LIKE a boy, but if I have ANOTHER girl? Well I guess I'll just have to invest in a few quailty wigs ;-)
I wouldn`t go so far as to buy a kit to predict the sex, but like Jennifer says, there are methods. It`s the reason my parents had five girls and no boys (they didn`t want a boy) and why I have my boys. . . . so, I don`t think there`s anything wrong with upping the odds in your favor.
NO. NEVER. UNT-UN! I leave those decisions up to God. He knows what's he's doing and I'm sure he doesn't need any input from me.

Therefore, I do the humpty dance and roll the dice! :)
I have three girls and I am very happy with "who they are." I can't imagine choosing for one of them to be a "boy." That being said, I'm not opposed to other moms using the kit if they feel strongly they want a certain gender. BUT a word of caution: you should have another baby ONLY if you really want one REGARDLESS of gender because these kits, like so many things, are not an 'exact' science.
That is a very tough question! I would love to have a little boy but I don't and have 2 wonderful girls instead. We feel blessed with having them and couldn't imagine life being different. Gender selection would not be an option for me.

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service