Sharing is Caring :: Tell us about yourself and express your opinions!

• 1. When did you first become interested in Attachment Parenting?
  • 2. What has been your biggest hardship or battle with APing?
  • 3. How many kids do you have and what are their ages?
  • 4. Feel free to vent about a really bad remark/response you have gotten about your parenting style.
  • 5. What is something really positive you have gotten out of practicing AP?
  • 6. Is there one AP vs non-AP mama issue that just boils your blood? ( like: circ'ing, CIO, spanking)
  • 7. Other than being a proud AP mama what are some of your interests? (share as many or as few as you like)
  • 8. Did/do you 'wear' your baby and if so what brand(s) do you recommend?
  • 9. Is there any subgroup of AP or natural parenting that is too far 'out there' for you? (like: elimination communication, unschooling, living off the grid)
  • 10. Finally share your blog with us and tell us why we should visit!

Tags: 10, ap, attachment, baby, mama, parenting, questions, survey, wearing

Views: 10

Replies to This Discussion

The ball, it's rolling....

* 1. When did you first become interested in Attachment Parenting? After the birth of my beautiful daughter.

* 2. What has been your biggest hardship or battle with APing? Getting any kind of support system.

* 3. How many kids do you have and what are their ages? I have one wonderful daughter who is currently 13 months, her name Is Illusia.

* 4. Feel free to vent about a really bad remark/response you have gotten about your parenting style. My um, 'ex' MIL still gives me a lot of crap about pretty much everything I do. The worst thing she said was that I was abusing my daughter by having her sleep in the same bed as me.

* 5. What is something really positive you have gotten out of practicing AP? Just everything, I feel so close to my daughter and so happy for following my heart.

* 6. Is there one AP vs non-AP mama issue that just boils your blood? ( like: circ'ing, CIO, spanking) Um, them all? No, really I disagree with a lot of mainstream parenting's techniques (sometimes very adamantly) but I try not to get to worked up over them because I know I cannot control the minds of others.

* 7. Other than being a proud AP mama what are some of your interests? (share as many or as few as you like)
I love poetry art and nature, animals and crafts, web/graphic design and being a mommy. I am actually very eclectic so tons more stuff also, but I do not want to bore you.

* 8. Did/do you 'wear' your baby and if so what brand(s) do you recommend? I did for about the first 7 months, then several things happened. I started getting severe back pains any time I did, my daughter started wanting to be able to explore more, it became winter and she would hardly fit with her heavy coat. That said, I really miss it!, still use it sometimes and would like to start using it more again! Oh, and I used a snuggli as I could never find a reg. sling that I could afford and fit over my plus size and DD'S!

* 9. Is there any subgroup of AP or natural parenting that is too far 'out there' for you? (like: elimination communication, unschooling, living off the grid) Not too far out per say. I practice EC with my 13 month old daughter, or I try to I should say. I do want to homeschool but although I agree with some aspects of unschooling, it is not for me.

* 10. Finally share your blog with us and tell us why we should visit!
My blog is Fanged Faerie Princess and you should visit it because it is really a blog of the heart. I put a lot of real feelings into it and am always very honest in my life, good or bad. It has sarcasm, leopard print, poetry, crafts and also lots of cute pictures of a certain mischievous and sweet girl.
* 1. When did you first become interested in Attachment Parenting? I guess when I was pregnant with my 1st child in 1995 (even though I never heard the term 'attachment parenting' until my 5th child).

* 2. What has been your biggest hardship or battle with APing? Family Understanding - it's a constant battle and I'm always made to feel like I have to defend my choices.

* 3. How many kids do you have and what are their ages? I have 7 living children. The girls are 14 and 3, the boys are 11, 8, 5, 2 and 4 months. I also have a son who passed away during pregnancy - he would be 7.

* 4. Feel free to vent about a really bad remark/response you have gotten about your parenting style. Hmmm - well 3 months ago my mother called Child Protective Service on me, allegations were: Neglect (because I homeschool my 14 year old) and Sexual Harrassment (because I don't cover up when I'm breastfeeding at home and she feels that is sexually harassment to my sons). Nice mom huh??

* 5. What is something really positive you have gotten out of practicing AP? The most positive thing I have gotten from AP is ~ the bonds with my children.

* 6. Is there one AP vs non-AP mama issue that just boils your blood? ( like: circ'ing, CIO, spanking) CIO - When I hear of people letting their babies, Especially very young babies, CIO I just want to lock those mothers up in a room with their worst fear so they can feel what it's like to be all alone and scared with no one coming to comfort them.

* 7. Other than being a proud AP mama what are some of your interests? (share as many or as few as you like) I love to sew and ran a business for 3 years selling my slings. I also love to do web design, it's been a hobby of mine for years and next week I am actually starting school for it :) (online college)

* 8. Did/do you 'wear' your baby and if so what brand(s) do you recommend? I've worn my last 3 children. I made slings (pouches, ring slings, wraps and Mei Tai's) and used the one's I made. So I really don't have experience with other brands to recommend.

* 9. Is there any subgroup of AP or natural parenting that is too far 'out there' for you? (like: elimination communication, unschooling, living off the grid) I couldn't see myself doing EC. It would be great to not have to deal with diapers, and if I only had one child then Maybe it would be doable. But with having 7 children there's just no way I could manage it.

* 10. Finally share your blog with us and tell us why we should visit! I blog at http://mom-of-all-trades.com because.......well because I am really new to blogging and if people are visiting it will keep me more motivated to post more ;o)
1. When did you first become interested in Attachment Parenting?

From the time I gave birth to my daughter (at home, of course!), I did everything that felt natural to me. Only when I started researching an unassisted birth when I was pregnant with my son did I learn that there was a name for the way in which I parent, and that there are LOTS of others who agree with me. I sometimes felt alienated from others (IRL), so discovering other AP folks was liberating.

2. What has been your biggest hardship or battle with APing?

None particularly with AP itself – I strongly believe that both parents and kids are happier when their needs are met. I believe AP is the "easier" way to parent.

3. How many kids do you have and what are their ages?

DD is four, and DS 19 months.

4. Feel free to vent about a really bad remark/response you have gotten about your parenting style.

Babywearing comments drive me crazy. It's too hot, too cold, will break my spine and make my son infertile. Did I mention I don't love him, because I wear him on my back?!?

5. What is something really positive you have gotten out of practicing AP?

A great bond with my kids!

6. Is there one AP vs non-AP mama issue that just boils your blood? ( like: circ'ing, CIO, spanking)

I have never been able to understand elective formula feeding.

7. Other than being a proud AP mama what are some of your interests? (share as many or as few as you like)

Feminism, homebirth (does that count as AP?), writing, East Asian history

8. Did/do you 'wear' your baby and if so what brand(s) do you recommend?

We're currently using an Ergo, but I also love my own home-made podaegis and mei tais.

9. Is there any subgroup of AP or natural parenting that is too far 'out there' for you? (like: elimination communication, unschooling, living off the grid)

I am not sure if living off the grid is AP as such, but I do love city life.

10. Finally share your blog with us and tell us why we should visit!

I just started blogging. My blog is about natural birth, and (unassisted) homebirth in particular. I'd love you all to take a look, and criticism or suggestions are very welcome too!
Hi there! I'm Cherie from blog: 'Natural Mama NZ'

1. I became interested in AP 5 years ago, when I first became pregnant, while researching parenting topics.

2. My biggest battle in AP has been co-sleeping, we have 3 boys under 5 years, and my partner is 6.6 tall, so it's a struggle getting us all into one bed, I think we'll have to invest in a super king!

3. We have 3 boys, Alex 4, Chris 3, Jame 1 1/2.

4. I've never gotten 'bad' responses, just ignorant questions like, "shouldn't he be weaned by now" etc.

5. The most positive thing I've gotten from AP is a great intimacy & relationship with each of my boys. Knowing a child more personally means you can understand where they're coming from, instead of being baffled when they get upset, like so many parents are. It makes parenting a lot easier & a more peaceful experience.

6. Spanking irritates me the most, the emotional chaos it causes, & the pure ignorance of those who practice it, definitely gets my back up.

7. I love art, I haven't done any since I became a mother, but I'm thinking I'll have to get the kids involved and have some regular 'art time'. I've always thought it imperative to have a creative outlet.

8. I used a front pack and a sling, I was given both at a baby shower.

9. I take my hat off to parents who practice EC & unschooling, it certainly takes dedication.

10. My blog is 'Natural Mama NZ'. I'm passionate about following your intuition & maternal instincts, & trusting in your own abilities as a mother. I write about all issues relating to 'natural parenting', but I'm particularly drawn to issues relating to breastfeeding & feminism (definition of feminism being an advocate for all woman-related issues).

RSS

12/19/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service